SC Hydraulic Engineering GBD Series Gas Booster Single Stage Double Acting is a leading manufacturer and designer of an ever growing line of high pressure, air-driven liquid pumps, as well as air and gas boosters which are being used in a variety of industries and applications. Growing since 1953, we offer liquid pressures as high as 65,000 psig and can exceed 17,000 psig in gas pressures.
Table of Contents
General Product Information
- Requires No Lubrication
- High Flow, Medium Pressure
- Remote Control Capabilities
- Oil-free High Pressure Section
- Nominal Pressures Up To 12,500-psi
- Air Operated – Does Not Require Electricity
This series of boosters doubles the volume of output gas per cycle and is a good choice for moving relatively high volumes at pressures up to 20,000 psig. Supply pressure is added to the maximum outlet pressure. The GBD-5 gas booster is a modified version of our popular ABD air booster. It is used to boost gas pressures up to 1,500 psig. The booster is able to move large volumes of gas efficiently when lower pressures are suitable.
- Laser Cutting
- Leak Detection
- Pressure Testing Vessels
- Low Pressure Gas Recovery
- Charging Of Nitrogen Bottles
- Gas Assisted Injection Molding
- Aircraft Slide Chute Gas Storage
- Charging Of Nitrogen Accumulators
- Transfer Of Sf6 For Arc Suppression
- Transfer Of Sf6 For Circuit Breaker Insulation
- Boosting Pressure From Nitrogen Generators
Gas Booster Single Stage Double Acting SC Hydraulic Engineering Dimensions
|Model No.||Maximum Material
Rated Gas Supply
Rated Gas Outlet
|A Inlet Port
B Outlet Port
Gas Pressure (Ps)
(in3 per cycle)
|GBD-5||1500 psig||1500||1/2″ NPT||4.7 Pa +Ps||25 psig||28.2|
|103 bar||103 bar||1/2″ NPT|
|GBD-15||5,000 psig||5,000 psig||1/4″ NPT||15 Pa + Ps||50 psi (3.5 bar)||14.1|
|345 bar||345 bar||1/4″ NPT|
|GBD-30||6,000 psig||9,000 psig||1/4″ NPT||30 Pa + Ps||100 psig (7 bar)||6.3|
|410 bar||620 bar||1/4″ NPT|
|GBD-75||6,000 psig||20,000 psig||9/16″-18 (1)||75 Pa + Ps||250 psig (17 bar)||2.4|
|410 bar||1,380 bar||9/16″-18 (1)|
- Coned and threaded high pressure connection for 1/4″ O.D. tubing.
- Maximum allowed working pressure for oxygen service boosters: 5,000-psi max.
- Maximum allowed working pressure for hydrogen service boosters : 6,000-psi max.
- Oxygen & hydrogen service boosters not available on all models. Contact factory for more information.
Refer to corresponding gas booster performance curve for operating pressures. Maximum material rated outlet pressures can be reached under special operating conditions. Do not use air drive and/or gas supply pressures that equate to higher outlet pressures than those “maximum material rated outlet pressures” shown on table. Refer to Static Outlet Stall Pressure formula shown on table (for example, for gas booster model GBD-30 the formula is: Static Outlet Stall Pressure = 30*Pa+Ps). Maximum recommended air drive operating pressure: 100-psi. Maximum rated air drive pressure: 150-psi (only for static outlet stall pressure).
Gas Booster Series (1)
- GBD : Single Stage Double Acting
- No Modification
- M401 : No Inlet / No Outlet Plumbing (2)
- M402 : Remote Pilot
- M403 : Plumbing for Single Inlet / Outlet
- 5 : GB
- 15 : GB
- 30 : GB
- 75 : GB
Pressure Ratio Second Stage
- N/A on GBD Series
- Oxygen Service (3)
- Hydrogen Service (3)
- Do not fill gap on a two digit description
- Available on GBD-5 only
- Not available on GBD-D75, GBT-D15/75 and GBT-D30/75 models. Contact factory for more information.
Gas Booster Single Stage Double Acting SC Hydraulic Engineering Modification
M014 – Counter Port: This option provides a 5/8-18-UNF thread port on the air motor section of the pump for installing a mechanical cycle counter.
M402 – Remote Pilot: This option provides a 1/8” NPT female port for remotely controlling the start/stop of the pump by connecting an external air signal to actuate the air cycling valve.