GB Series Gas Booster Single Stage – Single Acting SC Hydraulic Engineering is a leading manufacturer and designer of an ever growing line of high pressure, air-driven liquid pumps, as well as air and gas boosters which are being used in a variety of industries and applications. Growing since 1953, we offer liquid pressures as high as 65,000 psig and can exceed 17,000 psig in gas pressures.
General Product Information
- Low Flow, Low Pressure
- Requires No Lubrication
- Remote Control Capabilities
- Oil-free High Pressure Section
- Nominal Pressures Up To 7,500-psi
- Air Operated – Does Not Require Electricity
The GB series is the most economical of the SC Hydraulic Gas Boosters Single Stage – Single Acting and is ideal for applications not requiring much volume such as pressure testing small vessels or components. Pressures can be boosted from as low as 50 psig and up to over 11,000 psig.
- Laser Cutting
- Leak Detection
- Pressure Testing Vessels
- Low Pressure Gas Recovery
- Charging Of Nitrogen Bottles
- Gas Assisted Injection Molding
- Aircraft Slide Chute Gas Storage
- Charging Of Nitrogen Accumulators
- Transfer Of Sf6 For Arc Suppression
- Transfer Of Sf6 For Circuit Breaker Insulation
- Boosting Pressure From Nitrogen Generators
GB Series Gas Booster Single Stage – Single Acting SC Hydraulic Engineering Dimensions
|Model No.||Maximum Material
Rated Gas Supply
Rated Gas Outlet
|A Inlet Port
B Outlet Port
Gas Pressure (Ps)
(in3 per cycle)
|GB-15||2,250 psig||2,250 psig||1/4″ NPT||15 Pa||50 psig (3.5 bar)||7.05|
|155 bar||155 bar||1/4″ NPT|
|GB-30||4,500 psig||4,500 psig||1/4″ NPT||30 Pa||100 psig (7 bar)||3.1|
|310 bar||310 bar||1/4″ NPT|
|GB-75||6,000 psig||11,250 psig||9/16″-18 (1)||75 Pa||250 psig (17 bar)||1.2|
|410 bar||775 bar||9/16″-18 (1)|
- Coned and threaded high pressure connection for 1/4″ O.D. tubing.
- Maximum allowed working pressure for oxygen service boosters: 5,000-psi max.
- Maximum allowed working pressure for hydrogen service boosters : 6,000-psi max.
- Oxygen & hydrogen service boosters not available on all models. Contact factory for more information.
Refer to corresponding gas booster performance curve for operating pressures. Maximum material rated outlet pressures can be reached under special operating conditions. Do not use air drive and/or gas supply pressures that equate to higher outlet pressures than those “maximum material rated outlet pressures” shown on table.
Refer to Static Outlet Stall Pressure formula shown on table (for example, for gas booster model GBD-30 the formula is: Static Outlet Stall Pressure = 30*Pa+Ps). Maximum recommended air drive operating pressure: 100-psi. Maximum rated air drive pressure: 150-psi (only for static outlet stall pressure).
GB Series Gas Booster Single Stage – Single Acting SC Hydraulic Engineering Ordering
- Gas Booster Series (1)
- Single Stage
- No Modification
- Remote Pilot
- EPR O-rings, Polyurethane Main Seal
Pressure Ratio Single or First Stage
- 5 : GB
- 15 : GB
- 30 : GB
- 75 :GB
Pressure Ratio Second Stage
- N/A on GB Series
- O2 : Oxygen Service (2)
- H2 : Hydrogen Service (2)
(1) Do not fill gap on a two digit description
(2) Not available on GBD-D75, GBT-D15/75 and GBT-D30/75 models. Contact factory for more information.
M014 – Counter Port: This option provides a 5/8-18-UNF thread port on the air motor section of the pump for installing a mechanical cycle counter.
M402 – Remote Pilot: This option provides a 1/8” NPT female port for remotely controlling the start/stop of the pump by connecting an external air signal to actuate the air cycling valve. SC Hydraulic Gas Booster Cutaway