SC Hydraulic GBT Series Two Stage – Single Acting Gas Booster is a leading manufacturer and designer of an ever growing line of high pressure, air-driven liquid pumps, as well as air and gas boosters which are being used in a variety of industries and applications.
Table of Contents
SC Hydraulic GBT Series Two Stage General Product Information
The GBT series is able to achieve higher compression ratios by combining the first and second stage with an interconnected hydraulic (gas) piston. Maximum outlet pressure is the supply pressure plus the drive area ratio times the area ratio of both hydraulic (gas) pistons.
- Requires No Lubrication
- High Flow, Medium Pressure
- Remote Control Capabilities
- Oil-free High Pressure Section
- Nominal Pressures Up To 12,500-psi
- Air Operated – Does Not Require Electricity
SC Hydraulic GBT Series Two Stage Application
- Laser Cutting
- Leak Detection
- Pressure Testing Vessels
- Low Pressure Gas Recovery
- Charging Of Nitrogen Bottles
- Gas Assisted Injection Molding
- Aircraft Slide Chute Gas Storage
- Charging Of Nitrogen Accumulators
- Transfer Of Sf6 For Arc Suppression
- Transfer Of Sf6 For Circuit Breaker Insulation
- Boosting Pressure From Nitrogen Generators
SC Hydraulic GBT Series Two Stage Dimensions
|Model No.||Maximum Material
Rated Gas Supply
Rated Gas Outlet
|A Inlet Port
B Outlet Port
Gas Pressure (Ps)
(in3 per cycle)
|GBT-15/30||15 Pa to 2500 psig (2)||9,000 psig||1/4″ NPT||30 Pa +2 Ps||50 psi (3.5 bar)||7.05|
|620 bar||1/4″ NPT|
|GBT-15/75||3.5 Pa to 5000 psig (2)||20,000 psig||9/16″-18 (1)||75 Pa + 5 Ps||50 psi (3.5 bar)||7.05|
|1,380 bar||9/16″-18 (1)|
|GBT-30/75||20 Pa to 6000 psig (2)||20,000 psig||9/16″-18 (1)||75 Pa + 2.5 Ps||100 psig (7 bar)||3.1|
|1,380 bar||9/16″-18 (1)|
- Coned and threaded high pressure connection for 1/4″ O.D. tubing.
- Limit maximum gas supply pressure by formula Ps max = factor * Pa to avoid interstage stall (for example, for gas booster model GBT-15/30 the formula is: Ps max = 15*Pa).
- Maximum allowed working pressure for oxygen service boosters: 5,000-psi max.
- Maximum allowed working pressure for hydrogen service boosters : 6,000-psi max.
- Oxygen & hydrogen service boosters not available on all models. Contact factory for more information.
Refer to corresponding gas booster performance curve for operating pressures. Maximum material rated outlet pressures can be reached under special operating conditions. Do not use air drive and/or gas supply pressures that equate to higher outlet pressures than those “maximum material rated outlet pressures” shown on table. Refer to Static Outlet Stall Pressure formula shown on table (for example, for gas booster model GBD-30 the formula is: Static Outlet Stall Pressure = 30*Pa+Ps). Maximum recommended air drive operating pressure: 100-psi. Maximum rated air drive pressure: 150-psi (only for static outlet stall pressure).
|TABLE 1||Gas Booster Series (1)|
|GBT||Single Stage Double Acting|
|TABLE 3||Cylinder Modification|
|TABLE 4||Pressure Ratio Single or First Stage|
|TABLE 5||Pressure Ratio Second Stage|
|TABLE 6||Service Option|
|02||Oxygen Service (2)|
|H2||Hydrogen Service (2)|
|Notes:||(1) Do not fill gap on a two digit description
(2) Not available on GBD-D75, GBT-D15/75 and GBT-D30/75 models. Contact factory for more information.
M014 – Counter Port: This option provides a 5/8-18-UNF thread port on the air motor section of the pump for installing a mechanical cycle counter.
M402 – Remote Pilot: This option provides a 1/8” NPT female port for remotely controlling the start/stop of the pump by connecting an external air signal to actuate the air cycling valve.
Read More Articles : GB Series Gas Booster Single Stage – Single Acting SC Hydraulic Engineering