Acadiana Oldfield Instruments is committed to providing total customer satisfaction by manufacturing and delivering high-quality products and unparalleled service.
Originating in 1976, Acadiana Oilfield Instruments began as a small family business, owned and operated by Larry Lasseigne. Acadiana Oilfield Instruments began as a service company, which quickly grew to include sales and manufacturing of various hydraulic gauges and sensors. Upon retiring in 1986, Larry handed down the company to his children, Travis and Jennifer, with Travis as President.
Within a short period of time, Acadiana Oilfield Instruments quickly transitioned into a vast Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), expanding its product line to include Deviation Survey Tools, Drilling Recorders, along with the Advanced Drilling Monitoring System. The “ADMS” was the first Windows-based PVT data acquisition system of its kind on the market.
Acadiana Oilfield Instruments is located in Broussard Louisiana, and once again proving to be a fast-growing company, employing hardworking, dedicated, knowledgeable employees, all of whom have 20+ years of experience in the instrumentation industry. Acadiana’s gauges and sensors are manufactured in-house in the USA and are certified to NIST calibration standards. All applicable and critical products are manufactured in accordance with or surpassing API 6A standards, containing all design certifications, proof testing, and FEA’s (Finite Element Analysis).
Provides Accurate Measurement Systems that Reduce Drill Collar and Tool Failure
Acadiana Oilfield Instruments’ Tong Line Pull System with tension load cell is important in reducing drill collar and toll joint failure. Tong Line Pull Systems indicate the applied torque to each joint when the tongs are used to make up the pipe, tubing, casing joints, or drill collars. Torque gauges indicate line to pull that can be converted to foot-pounds with a wide range of capacities.
Each system requires a Tension Load Cell which is used to convert line pull into a pressure-sensing indicator gauge using a hydraulic hose. Mounting hardware is included as well.
Acadiana Oldfield Instruments Features
- Mounting applications include tong handle with L-shape bracket, box or clamp mount
- Pointer sensitivity regulated by the damper stem
- Target pointer for setting desired torque values
- System includes a 6” gauge, high-pressure hose, and tension load cell
- Desired hose lengths are available (5’ standard)
- Heavy Duty Steel Compression Load Cell for long term durability and minimal maintenance
- Make-up or Break-out torque is indicated in pounds of line pull for drill collars, tool joints, and drill string components
- Line pull displayed on 6″ fluid-filled gauge
- Capacities from 5,000 to 50,000 lbs of line pull with metric equivalents available
- Able to work with all manual tongs
- Mounting can be permanent or temporary
- Ask about our combination dials
- (Built to API 6A Specifications
- Reduce Drill Collar and Tool Joint Failure
- Target pointer gets set to the required torque giving the driller a clear target mark
- Get indications every time collars are run or for a one time check
- Gauge fluid protects the internals and ensures an accurate measurement
- Durable load cell comes with a piston and cylinder for maximum service life
Acadiana Oldfield Instruments Specifications
- Large 6″ gauge for easy viewing
- Tension cells available in 3.68 (5K), 4.0 (20K). 6.53 (25K), 10.8 (30K), & 10.8 S/S (50K)
- Accuracy: +/-0.5% (Accurate readings reduce failure of drill collar and tool joints)
- Custom-built assemblies
- Dual scale readings upon request