Apollo Valves CS/CL Series are split phase reversing AC motors for standard duty or brushless DC Motors for continuous duty. Eight sizes are available which produce breakaway torques between 150 and 3000 lb-in. They are excellent industrial quality units capable of on/off, fail safe, and modulating applications.
The efficient spur gear drive train is supported by permanently-lubricated bearings making it very secure while eliminating the potential for side loading of the output shaft. Apollo offers as standard a 75% duty cycle AC motor. Continuous-duty brushless DC motors are also available for a range of input voltages. All units are rated for use in ambient environments from -40°F (with optional heater & thermostat) to 150°F (note that units equipped with an internal battery are rated to 130°F).
Hazardous Location Enclosures
The standard enclosures (CS and CL) are rated for NEMA 4/4X (weather tight and corrosion resistant). The Hazardous Location enclosures are rated for NEMA 4/4X/7 & 9, Class I, Div 1, Groups C&D; Class II, Div. 2, Groups E, F, & G; Class III.
Certification by the Canadian Standards Association of either hazardous or weatherproof locations is standard on all CS & CL models.
Apollo Valves CS/CL Series Features
- Plug-in connectors for the motor, the brake option and the heater/thermostat option
- All connectors are coded to prevent mis-wiring.
- Limit switch wires are soldered to the board – no more loose connections.
- A six position terminal strip clearly labeled so it can be wired up in the
- Field without an instruction manual.
- Thermal overload protection (AC motors)
- Dual conduit openings; 3/4” (1/2” with supplied bushings)
- Visual position indication
- All aluminum enclosure
- Captive cover bolts on CS Series
- Manual override shaft (optional handwheel override with declutchable shaft
Apollo Valves CS/CL Series Features Include:
- Switch selector for 4-20mA or 0-10VDC input
- Switch selector for 4-20mA or 0-10VDC position readback
- Switch selector for either “fail in-place” or “fail to zero” upon loss of control signal (provided input power remains)
- On-board push buttons to manually position the actuator
- A “Mode Selector” switch with LEDs, which are used for:
– ”No tools” pot calibration
– Setting Zero and span
– Manually positioning the actuator
- An adjustable pot for speed control (motor pulsing)
- An adjustable pot for deadband adjustment
- Locked rotor protection if the actuator cannot achieve the position commanded by the control signal, it will cut power to the motor. Repeated stalls will not damage the actuator.
- Reverse acting operation with no rewiring.
- Split range operation with no rewiring.
Download Data Sheet : Apollo Valves CS/CL Series Actuactor & Controls
Ref : www.apollovalves.com