Delta Mobrey Hydrostatic Level Transmitter provide the measurement solution where in-tank problems such as foaming, vapor layers, and temperature gradients prohibit the use of other instrumentation.
The 9700 Series transmitter is designed to perform in the extreme conditions of today’s industrial measurement applications. Transmitters are available in both submersible and externally mounted (flood able) versions. Each transmitter version gives a high performance, has good long term stability, and is virtually maintenance free. A ceramic sensor ensures precise and reliable measurement with an accuracy of better than 0.1%.
Delta Mobrey Hydrostatic Level Transmitter Operation
At the heart is a Ceramic Capacitive Sensor (CCS). This pressure sensor provides a “flush” diaphragm, avoiding the risks of sensor clogging and ensures an extremely low hysteresis, minimal output drift, and high repeatability.
The sensor is manufactured using an aluminium oxide ceramic and provides outstanding resistance to chemical attack. The measuring range is determined by the ceramic thickness, which is precisely controlled during the manufacturing process. The sensor works like a capacitor with electrode surfaces on the inside comprising one measuring and one reference capacitor.
The surfaces of the capacitors are gold-plated and linked to ASIC electronics. These electronics generate a signal proportional to the applied pressure, which is sent to the 4–20 mA signal conditioner.
Delta Mobrey Hydrostatic Level Transmitter Features:
- Two-wire 24 Vdc loop-powered
- 4 to 20 mA
- Accuracy ± 0.1% of calibrated span
- Ranges up to 200 m / 656 ft. H20, and 10:1 rangeability
- Ceramic capacitive sensor
- Low maintenance
- Fully submersible IP68 / NEMA 6P
- Reverse polarity protection
- Dedicated marine version
- Unaffected by difficult ullage conditions
- Stable readings under adverse conditions
- Output signal: Two-wire, 4–20 mA
- Power supply: 10 to 30 Vdc
- Load resistance: R=50 x (supply voltage – 10V) Ù
- Measuring range: Up to 200 m / 656 ft. H20
- Over range limit: 5 x range up to a max 600 m / 1968 ft. H20
- Span adjustment: +10 to +100% of Upper Range Limit (URL)
- Process temperature limit:
- 9710, 9720, 9780: -20 to + 60 °C / -4 to +140 °F
- 9790: -20 to + 90°C (80 °C Ex ia)
- Ambient temp. limits: -20 to +60 °C
- Humidity limits: 0 to 100% RH when terminated using a remote bellows box
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of calibrated span (includes effects of linearity, hysteresis and repeatability)
- Stability: ± 0.1% Upper Range Limit (URL) per 6 months
- Temperature effect: ±0.015% Upper Range Limit (URL) per °C / °F (over ambient temp. range)
- Cable entry: Glanding system supplied with required length of vented cable
- Materials selection: Delta Mobrey provides a variety of products with various product options and configurations including materials of construction that can be expected to perform well in a wide range of applications.
The product information presented is intended as a guide for the purchaser to make an appropriate selection for the application. It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility to make a careful analysis of all process parameters (such as all chemical components, temperature, pressure, flow rate, abrasives, contaminants, etc.), when specifying product, materials, options and components for the particular application.
Delta Mobrey is not in a position to evaluate or guarantee the compatibility of the process fluid or other process parameters with the product, options, configuration or materials of construction selected.
- Wetted parts
- Sensor: Ceramic
- Sensor housing: 316 Stainless steel, Aluminium bronze
- Seal rings: Fluorocarbon (FPM/FKM), Nitrile
- Fluorinated Ethylyene Polypropylene (FEP)
- Pole (9780 only):
- 316 Stainless Steel pole supplied with 316 Stainless Steel
- Housing option: Copper Nickel pole supplied Aluminium Bronze Housing option
- Ingress protection: IP68 / NEMA 6P (200 m / 656 ft. H20)
- Approximate weight: 0.7 Kg / 1.54 lbs (sensor only)
Download Data Sheet: 9710, 9720, 9780, 9790 Hydrostatic Level Transmitter