The Eclipse® Model 700 Transmitter is a loop-powered, 24 VDC level transmitter that is based upon the proven and accepted technology of Guided Wave Radar (GWR). Encompassing a number of significant engineering accomplishments, this leading edge level transmitter is designed to provide measurement performance well beyond that of many of the more traditional technologies.
This single transmitter can be used in a wide variety of applications ranging from very light hydrocarbons to water-based media.
One universal Model 700 transmitter can be used and interchanged with several different probe types and offers enhanced reliability as it is certified for use in critical SIL 2/3 hardware safety loops.
The ECLIPSE Model 700 supports both the FDT/DTM and Enhanced DD (EDDL) standards, which allow viewing of valuable configuration and diagnostic information such as the echo curve in tools such as PACTware ™, AMS Device Manager, and various HART® Field Communicators.
Table of Contents
- MEDIA: Liquids, solids, or slurries; hydrocarbons to waterbased media (Dielectric Constant εr = 1.2–100)
- VESSELS: Most process or storage vessels up to rated probe temperature and pressure.
- CONDITIONS: All level measurement and control applications including process conditions exhibiting visible
vapors, foam, surface agitation, bubbling or boiling, high fill/empty rates, low level and varying dielectric media or specific gravity
- Multivariable, two-wire, 24 VDC loop-powered transmitter for level, interface, volume, or flow.
- Level measurement not affected by changing media characteristics.
- No need to move levels for calibration.
- Overfill Capable probes allow for “true level” measurement all the way up to the process seal, without the need for special algorithms.
- 4-button keypad and graphic LCD display allow for convenient viewing of configuration parameters and echo curve.
- Proactive diagnostics advise not only what is wrong, but also offer troubleshooting tips
- Nine common tank shapes for volumetric output.
- 30-point custom strapping table for uncommonlyshaped tanks.
- Two standard flumes and four standard weirs of various sizes for flow measurement.
- Generic flow equation for non-standard channels.
- Probe designs up to +400 °F/6250 psi (+200 °C/431 bar).
- Cryogenic applications down to -320 °F (-196 °C).
- SIL certification allows use in SIL 2/3 Loops
- No moving parts