Pulsar Radar Sensor offers compact, robust measurement for your non-contacting measurement needs. Utilising Pulsar’s Linear Frequency Modulation (LFM) processing, mmWave FMCW Radar has a very strong signal to noise ratio and excellent resolution giving it significant advantages over pulsed Radar systems.
The mmWave Radar is IP68 rated and certified for external installations. The dBR8 and dBR16 offers excellent performance in accuracy and repeatability with a short blanking distance (77mm/3.03in). It’s compact size allows for installation in cluttered or confined spaces.
Compatible with all Pulsar controllers, the mmWave Radar sensor can be easily set-up with any Pulsar controller, whether you are interested in our cost-effective 2 relay Blackbox 130 for level, or our 5 relay Ultra 5 which can be set-up for level, volume, flow or pump control, or even our Ultimate Controller which has 8 relays standard but offers the ability to be expandable. No matter your application needs, we have a controller to suit your requirements and budget.
Already have a Pulsar controller but need a new sensor? No problem – mmWave Radar is also retrofittable to any Pulsar controller already in the field!
Pulsar Radar Sensor Features
- FMCW Radar
- 2 Measurement ranges, 8m and 16m
- Compatible/retrofittable with standard Pulsar controllers
- DATEM echo processing
- LFM processing
- Accurate and repeatable
- Narrow beam angle
- Short blanking distance – 77mm/3.03in
- ATEX Ex ia approved. Ex mb pending.
- Compact and lightweight
Pulsar Radar Sensor Specifications
- Model: dBR16
- Dimensions: Norminal 90Dmm x 130Hmm (3.54in x 5.11in)
- Weight: Nominal 1.1kg (2.4lbs)
- Measurement Distance: 16m (52.5ft)
- Frequency: V-band
- Beam Angle: 8°
- Sensor body material: Valox 357U
- Cable lengths: Standard = 5m, 10m, 20m or 30m (16.4ft, 32.8ft, 65.6ft or 98.4ft). Optional: up to 150m (492ft)
- maximum (increments of 10m / 32.8ft only)
- Maximum separation: 500m (1640ft)
- Mounting connection: 1” BSP or NPT
- Enclosure protection: IP68 / NEMA 6P
- Max. and min. temperature (electronics): -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to +176°F)
- Process pressure: -1 to +4 bar (-14.5 to 58 psi)
- CE approval: Complies with EN61326-1:2013 for emissions and immunity
- Complies with EN302-729:2016 for radar emissions and immunity
- ATEX approval: ATEX Zone 0 (Ex ia): Ex II 1 G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga Ta = -20ºC to +80ºC, Ex II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T135ºC Da Ta = -20ºC to +80ºC.
- ATEX Zones 1 & 2: Ex II 2 G Ex mb IIC T4 Gb, Ex II 2 D Ex mb IIIC T135°C Db Ta = -20ºC to +80ºC
- Accuracy: ±2mm (0.08in)
- Repeatability: ±1mm (0.04in)
- Resolution: ±1mm (0.04in)
- Near blanking distance: 77mm (3.03in) from the drip shield
Download Datasheet: Pulsar’s Radar Sensor
Reference : pulsar-pm.com