Dinel CLS–23 Capacitive Level Sensor are designed for limit level detection of electrically conductive and non-conductive liquids in vessels, reservoirs, sumps, pipes, tanks, etc. The sensitivity of the sensor can be easily set by placing a magnetic pen on a sensitive spot.
The process coupling at the housing can be with metric thread (M18x1.5; M20x1.5), pipe thread (G3/8”; G1/2”), or sealing thread (NPT 1/2–14). Output performances – transistor output with the open collector (PNP), two-wire electronic switch (S), and NAMUR output for intrinsically safe connection.
There are next performances available: N – Normal for non-explosive areas, E – Extended temperature range for non-explosives areas, Xi – Explosion-proof (intrinsically safe for explosive areas), NT – High-temperature variant for non-explosives areas and XiT – High-temperature variant for explosive areas. CLS-23 capacitive level sensors meet the safety integrity level requirements according to standard EN 61508 at level SIL 1.
Dinel CLS–23 Capacitive Level Sensor Benefit:
- Detection of various types of electrically conductive or non-conductive liquids (water, water solution, cooling liquids, oil, etc.)
- Sensitivity setting through a magnetic pen
- Direct mounting into various containers, vessels, tanks, etc.
- Outputs S, PNP, NAMUR (for explosive areas)
- High-temperature performance, pressure resistance up to 7 MPa
- Process coupling – thread M18, M20, G3/8“ or 1/2–14 NPT
- Xi, XiT versions for usage in explosive areas
Dinel CLS–23 Capacitive Level Sensor Specification:
|Supply voltage||6 … 30 V DC|
|Supply current||– output type P||max. 0,6 / 7 mA (OFF / ON state)|
|– output type S||max. 0,6 mA (OFF state)|
|Switched current||– output type P||max. 100 mA|
|– output type S||3,3 mA / 40 mA (min. / max.)|
|Remanent voltage – ON state||– output type P||1,8 V|
|– output type S||6,0 V|
|Output time delay||0,1 s|
|Protection class||IP68 (0,1 MPa)|
|Safety integrity level||SIL 1|
|Cable (for cable outlet performance)||CLS–23N, NT, Xi, XiT||PVC 2x 0,34 mm2 (3x 0,34 mm2 – output P)|
|CLS–23E||silicone 2x 0,5 mm2|
|Weight (with 2 m cable and 30 mm electrode)||CLS–23N, E, Xi||cca. 45 g|
|CLS–23NT, XiT||cca. 190 g|
Download data: CAPACITIVE LEVEL SENSORS CLS-23