Manufactured in Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS) for corrosion resistance in most liquids, the 003 switch range of sensors can be mounted in any position in a tank using either a 1” or 3/4” thread available in BSPP, BSPT and NPT thread forms. A thread is provided on each side of a hexagonal boss to allow either external or internal / pole mounting of the sensor. Comprising a one piece moulded body with an integral pcb, the 003 switch is factory sealed and supplied with a 3m fl ying lead for customer connection. The Mobrey 003 switch is designed for high or low level alarm duties to give a voltage free changeover contact or dual solid state transistor output for alarm signalling or as part of a pump control system.
The moulded body contains two piezo-electric crystals, one each side of a gap at the tip of the sensor. An ultrasonic signal is transmitted from one crystal into the gap, but if there is air or gas in the sensor gap then the signal is not received by the other crystal. However, if there is a liquid present, the signal will be transmitted and the integral electronics will switch the output circuitry to signal the presence of a liquid.
- Manufactured in Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS) for corrosion resistance in most liquids.
- Top, bottom, or side-installation flexibility in tanks.
- Small, light, robust and easy to install.
- No moving parts.
- Low level alarms in header tanks
- Pump control duty in feeder tanks
- High or low alarms in storage tanks
- Level or pump control in storage tanks
- Small or thin wall tanks
- Bund level detection
- Steering gear oil
- Relay or solid-state output
- Corrosion resistant PPS construction
- 1-in. or ¾-in. threaded mounting
- Small in-tank dimensions
- 24 Vac or dc powered
Operating pressure: 72.5 psi (5 bar)
Ambient and operating temperature: –4 to 158°F (–20 to 70 °C)
Minimum liquid specific gravity: 0.50
Maximum viscosity: 5000 cSt. at 68 °F (20 °C)
Switching response: 50 ms dry-to-wet; 0.5 s wet-to-dry
Hysteresis: < 0.12 in. (4 mm)
Repeatability: ±0.08 in. (2 mm)
Overall length: 4.33 in. (110 mm)
Length into tank (external mount): 3.11 in. (79 mm)
Body diameter: 0.87 in. (22 mm)
- SPCO relay (energized wet)
- Maximum switched current:
1 A at 30 V resistive; 0.25 A at 30 V inductive
- 30 V maximum switched voltage
Power supply: 18 to 30 Vdc or ac
Current drawn when dry: 10 mA nominal
Current drawn when wet: 25 mA maximum
Cable: 10 ft. (3 m); 5-core 7/0.2 mm(0.008 in.), PVC cable sheathing
IP Rating of Sensor: NEMA 6P (10 ft.) / IP66/IP68 (3 m)
Download Data Sheet: Ultrasonic Liquid Level Switch 003 Series