Established in 1946, ERDCO Engineering Corporation has supplied the Process, Environmental, Water Treatment and HVAC Industries with flow measurement including Variable Area, Rotameter, Turbine and Thermal Dispursion Type Flowmeters. These rugged instruments are specified for the measurement of utility liquids, gases and steam. Typical fluids include water, air, coolants, steam, lubricants and nitrogen to name a few.
Turbo-FloTM PVC probes offer the precision of turbine technology with rugged construction. The practical design of the probe includes a bluff bar which protects the turbine from foreign materials in the stream as well as from over insertion. Installation is simple and does not require special fittings. The Turbo-Flo™ probe may be installed in standard pipe tees, through pipe saddles, welding spuds and 1 1/2” full opening ball or gate valves.
- PVC non-metallic construction is ideal for installation in PVC or other non-metallic piping.
- PVC connector fittings.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Adjustable insertion length for 1 1 ⁄2 to 10 inch pipe.
- Rugged construction for industrial environments.
- No external power required.
- Wide measuring range with 30:1 turndown.
- Low mass turbines offer improved sensitivity and long life.
- Use standard pipe fittings for installation.
- Water and other aqueous solutions
- Ideal for PVC piping systems
- Water treatment systems
- Groundwater monitoring
- Irrigation systems
Accuracy : ±1.0%
Repeatability : ±0.5%
Linearity : ±0.5%
Turndown : 30:1
Insertion Length : 02 = 2 inches 06 = 6 inches 12 = 12 inches
Threshold : 0.5 ft/s or 1.22 x ID2 = GPM Liquid
Velocity : ft/s = 0.408 x GPM/pipe ID2
Point Velocity = 2.625 pulses/ft/s
Pulse/gallon correction for uncharted pipe diameters =
ID2 charted pipe Pulse/gallon ID2 uncharted pipe x charted pipe
Materials of Construction :
Probe : PVC
Connector : PVC
Turbine : Delrin®
O-rings : Buna-n or Viton®
Temperature Limits : 140°F(60°C)
Pressure Limits : 145 psig(10bar)@ 75°F(24°C)
ERDCO reserves the right to alter design and/or specifications without notice. Viton® and Delrin® are registered trademarks of E.I. Dupont de Nemours and Co.
Reference : erdco.com