Introduction Transit time flow meter
Transit time Ultrasonic flow meter WUF 100CF is designed for applications where a customer is unwilling or unable to cut into the process measurement line to install an in-line meter.
Transit time ultrasonic flow meter series WUF 100CF is the clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter. It adopts a state-of-the-art, single-board technology featuring high precision, high reliability, high performance, low price, etc. That makes it the ultrasonic flow meter of choice by many customers from all over the world.
Transit time Ultrasonic flow meter WUF 100CF measure the difference in time from when an ultrasonic signal is transmitted from the first transducer until it crosses the pipe and is received by the second transducer. A comparison is made of upstream and downstream measurements.
Features of Flowmasonic WUF 100CF
- Non-invasive clamp-on Technology
- Easy to install
- No pressure drop, moving parts, leakage or corrosion
- No pipe cutting or process interruption
- Measurement independent of fluid properties
- Wide Bi-directional flow range
- The ultrasonic transducer is a clamp-on type, there’s no pressure loss. The transit time sensors are easily mounted on the surface of the pipe without interrupting the flow for installation or maintenance.
- Advanced intelligent display, computation, and printing(data logger) to suit the user’s diversified requirement. The flow rate and volume are displayed in all pertinent engineering units. It runs out of regular AC power (110V/220V), built-in battery or DC power.
- Using the most advanced direct-time-measuring method, the meter offers a signal resolution of 0.2ns.
- Signal outputs including current signal, frequency signal, serial data, switch outputs(1 OCT and 1 relay output).
- The Flowmasonic clamp-on ultrasonic WUF 100CF is designed to measure the fluid velocity of liquid within a closed conduit. The transducers are a non-contacting, clamp-on type, which will provide benefits of non-fouling operation and easy installation.
WUF 100CF Transit time Clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter is available in the market in various sizes, designs, and shapes. There are 3 size transducer or clamp-on sensor large, medium and small. It is highly appreciated for their long functional life.
Clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter WUF 100CF provides flow measurement in a low-cost package that can be installed at the measurement point. The design of this flow meter can only be applied in conditions of a pipe full of liquid. The WUF 100CF clamp-on flow meter can be used in the process of municipal wastewater or water city production.
Specification of clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter WUF 100CF
|Velocity Range||: 0~±10m/s, Bi-directional measurement|
|Pipe Size||: DN32~DN6000mm|
|Type of Liquid||: Single liquid than can transmit ultrasound, such as water, seawater, sewage, oil, alcohol, etc.|
|Pipe Material||: Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, PVC, Aluminum, glass steel, etc. A liner is allowed.|
|Signal output||: 3 way 4-20mA input, achieve to heat measurement by connecting PT100 platinum resistor.|
|Interface||: RS485, support MODBUS|
|Data Storage||: SD card regularly store the pre-set result(optional)|
|Power Supply||: DC8~36V or AC85~264V|
Upstream and downstream Installation Procedure
The main unit or WUF 100CF ultrasonic transmitter is suitable for wall mounting, used in most situations with no special requirements. Optional clamp-on transducers, measuring range from DN32-DN6000mm
Working Principle of Transit-Time Technology
For the measurement, two ultrasonic pulses are sent through the medium, one in a flow direction, and the other against it. The transducers are alternatively working as emitter and receiver.
The transit time of the ultrasonic signal propagating in flow direction is shorter than the transit time of the signal propagating against the flow direction.
The transit-time difference Δt is measured and allows the determination of the average flow velocity on the propagation path of the ultrasonic signals.
A profile correction is performed to obtain the average flow velocity on the cross-section of the pipe, which is proportional to the volume flow.
The WUF100 Series clamp on the flow meter has two transducers that function as ultrasonic sensors. This transducer functions as an ultrasonic signal transmitter and receiver. The transducers are clamped on the outside of a closed pipe at a specific distance from each other.
The transducers of Flowmasonic WUF100 flow meter can be mounted in V-method where the sound transverses the pipe twice. For Z-method where the transducers are mounted on opposite sides of the pipe and the sound crosses the pipe once.
This selection of the mounting method depends on pipe and liquid characteristics. The Flowmasonic series WUF100 flow meter operates by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy. Between the two transducers and measuring the transit time that it takes for sound to travel between the two transducers. The difference in the transit time measured is directly and exactly related to the velocity of the liquid in the pipe.
read more…….. catalog WUF 100CF Flowmasonic
Flowmasonic Series Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- WUF 100J Flowmasonic Portable Flowmeter
- WUF 100CF Clamp-on Fix Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- WUF 100IR In-Line Remote Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Mengukur Debit Pada Bendungan Open Channel
- Water meter jenis ultrasonic flow meter tanpa memotong pipa
- Water flow sensor jenis clamp on ultrasonic flow meter
- Cara Memperlambat Putaran Meteran Air PDAM
- Flowma Flowmasonic WUF 620 J Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Flow Meter untuk Air Lumpur Limbah Pertambangan
- Flow meter Ultrasonic yang Digunakan di PLTU
- Flow meter ultrasonic yang digunakan untuk mengecek kapasitas pompa
- Flowmeter pompa pemadam Kebakaran Gerand USA
- Meteran Air Untuk PAM
- Kapasitas Flow Meter dan Flow velocity
- Open Channel Flowmeter untuk Parit, Gorong-gorong
- ESPOWER Electrical Systems
- Lika Electronic – Smart Encoders & Actuators
- Shaw Moisture Meters – Dewpoint Meters, Hygrometers and Moisture Analysers
- Lorric – Flowmeter
- SFC Koenig Sealing and Flow Control
- Flow-Teknikk Process Instruments
- Teledyne Hastings Instruments – Flow Instruments for Industrial
- VP Instruments – Industrial Energy Monitoring