The ORTS® from Oil Skimmers, Inc. is a complete oil removal and transfer system, all on one skid. The system efficiently removes oil from the surface of the water, stores the recovered oil, and transfers it to a remote location. The system is available in a wide variety of configurations and is completely customizable to meet any application requirement.
With its rugged construction, wear-resistant materials, and gearing engineered to require minimal power and maintenance, the Oil Skimmers Inc. ORTS is a versatile, flexible, and cost-efficient oil removal system.
The ORTS is applied in a variety of industries from rail yards to steel mills, positioned over or near ponds, pits, and sumps to allow the free-floating collector tube to continuously pick up oil as it easily snakes over and around any floating debris.
The ORTS comes pre-wired and ready to go with a controller to power the skimmer and integrate standard and optional equipment, including pumps, timers, tank level switches, and more. The system can be heated and fully insulated to operate 24/7 in the harshest winter conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Skim, decant, store and transfer oil – all with one system
- Built-in Decanter removes any water collected and returns it to the pit, tank, or pond
- The tank level switch activates the pump when the tank is full
- Tank constructed of carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, or plastic
- Winterization available, complete with skimmer heat, tank heat tracing, and insulation (Steam or electric heat available)
- Explosion-proof motor and enclosures available
- Any type of pump available based on your requirements
- Choose from standard configurations, or completely customized per your application
- Controller houses components for power, timers, heat, lights, level switches, and more
- Closed-loop collector tube floats on the water surface
- Collector tube performance is unaffected by any floating debris
- The tube easily floats up or down to adjust to changing water level
- The gyrating action of the collector tube breaks up oil crusts
- Virtually maintenance-free operation
- Unique anti-clogging design
- Cast metal skimmer housing and structural members
- High performance, quiet-running motor
- Can operate unattended 24/7Up to 30-year operating life
The ORTS is used in a variety of applications around the world. A sampling includes:
- Steel Manufacturing
- Wastewater Treatment
- Fuel Distribution
- Power Generation
- Heavy Equipment Wash Base
- Any other application where waste oil meets water