The EX rated WiO-300K series is a Water Cut analyzer that measures the amount of water in oil to high levels of accuracy. Water Cut is also referred to as Water in Oil, BS&W, OWD, or WFM. The smart sensor technology uses a capacitive method to measure the percentage of water contained within the sample, with a large measurement range from a few 100ppms to 100% water.*
The WiO-300K sensor is a spool section for in-line measurements from 3 to 48 inches. The WiO-300K uses a fully flanged design. This model is made for working pressure up to Class 1500#.
WIO-300K Water Cut Analyzer Features
- High level of accuracy +/-% up to 5% water cut.
- Large measurement range ppm to 100% water in oil.*
- Optional static mixer.
- Spool section.
- Temperature compensation.
- 4-20mA and Hart communications.
- Isokinetic sampling.
- (* Range will depend on operating conditions; in general, -% for most applications and up to % for example sweet water).
- Smart sensor, no need for a separate controller.
- Option to combine the Water Cut with Advanced Sensors Oil in Water Analysers.
- Low power consumption.
- Easy to use and install.
- Works in Bypass and in-line.
- ATEX or FM/UL Explosion Proof.
Applications include Tank Dewatering, Oil Skimming, Interface Detector, Antifoam, and Demulsifier chemical feed systems, Waste-water treatment, Desalter control, Automatic tank dewatering, Oil produced from the separator, Oil that is flowing from the well, Crude oil transferred in pipelines and loading tankers.
WIO-300K Water Cut Analyzer Specifications
- Measurement principle: Capacitance
- Range and accuracy*:
+/-0.01% up to 1% water cut
+/-0.05% up to 5% water cut
+/-0.1% from 5% to 10% water cut
+/-0.2% from 10% to 25% water cut
+/-0.5% from 25% to 65% or 100% (sweet water) water cut
- Resolution: 0.003%
- Response time: 1 sec
- Temperature Compensation: Yes
- Process temperature: 0-120°C standard version, 0-240°C high-temperature version
- Process pressure: Up to 100barg depends on flange rating
- Operational ambient temperature: -40 to +65°C
- Power: 24VDC
WIO-300K Water Cut Analyzer Certification
- Ingress Protection: IP66/67 Nema 4X&7
– IECEx: Ex db IIC T4 Gb, Ta= -20 to +60°C
– CSA/UL Class I Zone 1 AEx db IIC T6 Gb, Ex db IIC T4 Gb || Class I Division 1 Gr. ABCD T4/T5, Ta= -20 to +60°C
– ATEX: Ex II 2 G || Ex db IIC T4 Gb || Ta= -20 to +60°C
- Pressure Certifications: PED (EU Zone) limited to size/pressure that falls within SEP
Weight & Dimensions (for shipping)
- Length: From 430mm
- Length with static mixer: Application dependent
- Insertion Port (WIO-300P): 2 or 3 inch
- Weight and full dimensions: Depends on the configuration. Please contact Advanced Sensors about your application
- 4-20mA: Yes
- Hart: Yes
WIO-300K Water Cut Analyzer Additional Information
- Hot insertion/extraction: ANSI 150, ANSI 300, ANSI 600
- Wetted parts: SS316L, Duplex, Super Duplex, Hastelloy
- Enclosure material: SS316L or Aluminium
*Range will depend on operating conditions; in general, 0-65% for most applications and up to 100% for example sweet water. Please contact Advanced Sensors to discuss your application needs.