AI- Tek RH Series, AI-Tek Instruments are the experts in magnetic hall effect sensors and have taken their years of experience in designing and manufacturing Hall Effect sensors for harsh applications. The Magnetic Hall Effect Sensors RH series is a line of durable hall effect sensors perfect for industrial, rail, military, and automotive use.
The Magnetic Hall Effect Sensors RH series are single-element based, zero speed, single-channel speed sensors. These sensors are an excellent option if you are looking for general purpose speed sensing. Unlike the DH series that requires rotational alignment at installation, the RH requires no alignment. Air gap adjustment is precise and easy and similar to a VR type sensor.
The Magnetic Hall Effect Sensors RH series is hall-effect based and can sense each change in target movement, regardless of speed, from near zero to 15 kHz frequency range, generating a steady pulse train of frequency proportional to the target speed. Each time a gear tooth (or any ferrous discontinuity) passes in front of the sensor the output changes state. Installation is simple and requires no rotational alignment.
AI-Tek has taken its years of experience in designing and manufacturing active sensors for Automotive, Military, Petro-Chem, Industrial, Rail, Power Generation, and Marine industries and put that expertise into every sensor we make.
With multiple standard variations, AI-Tek offers the widest range of standard catalog sensors to meet your various design needs with flexibility based on your specific application. The Hall Effect sensor can sense each change in target movement, regardless of speed, from zero to 15 kHz frequency range, generating a steady pulse train of frequency proportional to the target speed.
For applications with cable runs that exceed 500 feet, you will need to use a Digital Signal Distance Amplifier (DSDA).
AI- Tek RH Series Features
Suitable for 24 diametral pitch or coarser gear (target), the standard catalog sensors are easily applied to your various sensing needs. If you have a unique, special requirement that cannot be met with any of the standard options, we will gladly review your specs and work with you on a special sensor design.
- High-temperature range of -40°C to +125°C
- Supply Tracking or TTL Compatible output options
- No rotational alignment required.
- Wide range of supply voltage in the single design of 4.5 – 24 Vdc
- Reverse voltage protection, up to -30 Vdc, to prevent damage if miswired
- Rugged sensors designed to meet the toughest Navy ship-board standards to European Railroad Applications
- Power Supply Voltage: 4.5 – 24 Vdc
- Power Supply Current: 50 mA maximum
- Output Voltage: Essentially square wave fanout to 10 TTL inputs
- Output Impedance: 2.2K Ohms ±5%
- Output Current: 20 mA sink maximum
- Output Current – Short Circuit: 5 mA maximum with 10V power supply
- Target Frequency: 0 to 15 kHz
- Target Air Gap:
- .005 to .015 with a 24 diametral pitch gear
- .005 to .025 with a 20 diametral pitch gear
- .005 to .050 with a 12 diametral pitch gear
- .005 to .065 with an 8 diametral pitch gear
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to + 125°C (105°C Cable)
- Housing: 300 series stainless steel
Leads: AWG #24 Teflon, 200°C
- AWG #26 PVC, 105°C
- Rotational alignment of sensing face is not required for the optimum output signal
Download Data Sheet: A.I. Tek Instruments Magnetic Hall Effect Sensors RH Series