The Industrial Series switches were developed in the mid-1990’s to offer customers a robust range of switches suitable for applications where requirements were more standard than those for which the highly configurable Performance Series switches were designed. The model S31 Differential Pressure Switch is suitable for setpoints between -12.5mbar and 10bar with maximum working pressures up to 110 bar.
Using diaphragm based sensors and a more traditional in-line force balance mechanism to transfer movement from the sensor to the microswitch, these switches are suitable for a wide range of industrial applications. Various international approvals make the Industrial Series suitable for use in both safe and Hazardous Areas in Europe, North America and throughout the world.
With the recent launch of the Sentry Series, these Industrial models are now recommended mainly for aftermarket applications where a like for like replacement is needed.
- Epoxy coated aluminium or stainless steel housings approved to IP66 and NEMA 4X
- SPDT and DPDT switch contacts with environmentally and hermetically sealed options
- Stainless steel wetted parts as standard
- Better than 1% set-point repeatability
- Pressure ranges from 6mbar to 10 bar
- Pmax up to 250 bar depending on range
Better than 1% set-point repeatability
Users can expect a set-point repeatability performance better than 1% on all configurations with some configurations being significantly better
Extensive range of approvals
The Industrial Series switches are available with wide range of different approvals including European and North American Hazardous Area approvals
All Industrial Series models come with a safety vent to prevent the enclosure becoming pressurized in the event that the sensor is inadvertently damaged by excessive pressure. In addition, all models have been certified for use in safety systems up to and including SIL 2.
- Weatherproof and Flameproof models ATEX and NEC 500.
- NACE MR-01-75 compatibility.
- Ranges available up to 10 bar (160 psi), Static pressure up to 250 bar (3500 psi)
- Field set adjustment against a reference scale.
- Hermetically sealed microswitch options.
- Optional gold alloy contacts.
- Terminal block for easy field wiring.
- Safety vented design as standard.
The S31 is suitable for a wide range of applications in:
- Oil & Gas
The choice of models available ensures that the S31 is suitable for use in:
- Corrosive atmospheres
- Resistant to chemical attack
Accuracy: Set point repeatability ± 1% of span at 20°C / 68°F ambient.
Storage Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F
- -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F
- For continuous use below -25°C (-13°F) we recommend using only enclosures H, R, T, U and A with only special gaskets and limited switching.
Maximum Process Temperature: Subject to appropriate installation practice, the component parts withstand up to +60°C (+140°F).
Enclosure classification: IP66 / NEMA 4X / Flameproof Ex d
- SPDT or DPDT snap action microswitch (standard)
- Hermetically sealed (optional)
Process Connection: Rc 1/4 (BSP), 1/4 NPT Internal, 1/2 NPT Internal, 1/2 NPT External Approximate Weight: Enclosures: “H & T” 4.0kg/8.8lb to 8.6kg/19.0lb, “R & U” 8.7kg/19.2lb to 13.1kg/29.9lb, “W” 4.0kg/8.8lb to 8.6kg/19.0lb, “A” 5.5kg/12.1lb to 9.9kg/21.8lb depending on model
Download Data Sheet: Differential Pressure Switch S31 Series