Designed in the mid-1970s and developed over subsequent years, the Performance Series switch range offers users the broadest range of options, the highest levels of set-point repeatability, and the confidence of long term performance that a mature product such as this can prove. The model 209 Pressure Switch is suitable for setpoints between -1bar and 15bar with maximum working pressures up to 20bar.
Model 209 uses a hygienic connection for a direct crevice-free connection for food, brewing, and other biologically active processes.
- Ranges available up to 15 Bar (200 psi)
- Weatherproof IP66 enclosures in zinc alloy or stainless steel
- ATEX and IECEx Ex d Flameproof models available
- Environmentally and Hermetically sealed switch options
- Set-point adjustable over the full range against a calibrated scale with the tamperproof adjuster
The model 209 Performance Series pressure switches utilize a stainless steel diaphragm based sensor. This, when
coupled with a precision stainless steel mechanism designed to minimize friction in the moving parts, helps deliver the market-leading performance customers have come to expect from the series.
- Precision stainless steel mechanism for arduous atmospheres and high humidity.
- Setpoint adjustable over whole range against calibrated scale with the tamperproof adjuster.
- Weatherproof and Flameproof models ATEX and IECEx.
- Safety vented or blow out the device as standard.
- NACE MR-01-75 compatibility.
- Hermetically sealed microswitch option.
- High Overload capacity (204).
- Open diaphragm (208).
- Hygiene connection (209).
- Ranges available up to 15 bar (200 psi).
Static Pressure up to 206 bar (3,000 psi).
The 204 Performance Series is suitable for a wide range of applications in:
- Oil & Gas
- Food Industry
The choice of models available ensures that the 209 Performance Series is suitable for use in:
- Corrosive atmospheres
- Resistant to chemical attack
Better than 1% set-point repeatability
Users can expect a set-point repeatability performance better than 1% on all configurations with some configurations being significantly better
Extensive range of options
The Performance Series switches are available with an extensive range of materials, process connections, switch types, electrical entries, etc and offer customers many millions of different possible configurations.
More than 35 years of experience in the field
Installed in a wide range of applications from nuclear power plants to offshore oil rigs, the Performance Series’ long experience in the field offers customers the reassurance that they can be relied upon to survive the test of time in the harshest environments.
All Performance Series models come with a safety vent to prevent the enclosure from becoming pressurized in the event that the sensor is inadvertently damaged by excessive pressure
- Setpoint repeatability ± 1% of span at 20°C / 68°F ambient.
- Scale accuracy ± 3% of full scale.
Storage Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F.
- -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F.
- The special build is also available for temperatures down to -60°C (-76°F). Maximum Process Temperature: Subject to appropriate installation practice, the component parts will withstand up to +60°C (+140°F). For process temperatures up to +120°C (+248°F), order WETTED PARTS *Code A (Table 4). For higher temperatures, refer to SPECIAL ENGINEERING. *Applies to 204 and 209 only.
Enclosure classification: IP66 / NEMA 4X / Flameproof Ex d.
- SPDT or DPDT snap-action microswitch (standard).
- Hermetically sealed (optional).
- Rc 1/4 (BSP), 1/4 NPT Internal, 1/2 NPT Internal & 1/2 NPT External.
- Approximate weight: Enclosures: “W & N” from 2.6kg/5.7lb to 4.8kg/10.6lb; “A & O” from 3.6kg/7.9lb to 5.8kg/12.7lb; “H” from 4.1kg/9.1lb to 6.3kg/14.0lb; “K” from 8.9kg/19.6lb to 11.1kg/24.5lb.
Download Data Sheet: Pressure Switch 209 Series