Designed in the mid-1970s and developed over subsequent years, the Performance Series switch range offers users the broadest range of options, the highest levels of set-point repeatability and the confidence of long term performance that a mature product such as this can prove. The model 204 Pressure Switch is suitable for setpoints between -1bar and 15bar with maximum working pressures up to 206bar.
Unlike other models from the Performance Series the model 204 couples a diaphragm type sensor to a precision stainless steel mechanism to enable very low set points to be achieved but with high static pressures
- Ranges available up to 15 Bar (200 psi)
- Weatherproof IP66 enclosures in zinc alloy or stainless steel
- ATEX and IECEx Ex d Flameproof models available
- Environmentally and Hermetically sealed switch options
- Set-point adjustable over the full range against a calibrated scale with tamperproof adjuster
Better than 1% set-point repeatability
Users can expect a set-point repeatability performance better than 1% on all configurations with some configurations being significantly better
Extensive range of options
The Performance Series switches are available with an extensive range of materials, process connections, switch types, electrical entries, etc and offer customers many millions of different possible configurations.
More than 35 years experience in the field
Installed in a wide range of applications from nuclear power plants to offshore oil rigs, the Performance Series’ long experience in the field offers customers the reassurance that they can be relied upon to survive the test of time in the harshest environments.
All Performance Series models come with a safety vent to prevent the enclosure becoming pressurized in the event that the sensor is inadvertently damaged by excessive pressure
- Precision stainless steel mechanism for arduous atmospheres and high humidity.
- Set point adjustable over whole range against calibrated scale with tamperproof adjuster.
- Weatherproof and Flameproof models ATEX and IECEx.
- Safety vented or blow out device as standard.
- NACE MR-01-75 compatibility.
- Hermetically sealed microswitch option.
- High Overload capacity (204).
- Open diaphragm (208).
- Hygiene connection (209).
- Ranges available up to 15 bar (200 psi). Static Pressure up to 206 bar (3,000 psi).
The 204 Performance Series is suitable for a wide range of applications in:
- Oil & Gas
- Food Industry
The choice of models available ensures that the 204 Performance Series is suitable for use in:
- Corrosive atmospheres
- Resistant to chemical attack
- Set point repeatability ± 1% of span at 20°C / 68°F ambient.
- Scale accuracy ± 3% of full scale.
Storage Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F.
Ambient Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F. Special build is also available for temperatures down to -60°C (-76°F).
Maximum Process Temperature: Subject to appropriate installation practice, the component parts will withstand up to +60°C (+140°F). For process temperatures up to +120°C (+248°F), order WETTED PARTS. For higher temperatures, refer to SPECIAL ENGINEERING. *Applies to 204 and 209 only.
Enclosure classification: IP66 / NEMA 4X / Flameproof Ex d.
- SPDT or DPDT snap action microswitch (standard).
- Hermetically sealed (optional).
Process Connection: Rc 1/4 (BSP), 1/4 NPT Internal, 1/2 NPT Internal & 1/2 NPT External.
Approximate weight: Enclosures: “W & N” from 2.6kg/5.7lb to 4.8kg/10.6lb; “A & O” from 3.6kg/7.9lb to 5.8kg/12.7lb; “H” from 4.1kg/9.1lb to 6.3kg/14.0lb; “K” from 8.9kg/19.6lb to 11.1kg/24.5lb.
Download Data Sheet: Pressure Switch 204 Series