Aanderaa SeaGuard Platform is the main module of our Underwater Observatory. The SeaGuard Platform is used as Datalogger in SeaGuard RCM, SeaGuard CTD, SeaGuard WTR, and SeaGuard WLR and SeaGuard O2.
Aanderaa Data Instruments SeaGuard Platform is a self-recording instrument with storage on an SD card. Storage capacity is more than adequate for any practical applications. The instrument is delivered with a pressure case.
The SeaGuard Platform and the Aanderaa Smart sensors are interfaced by means of a reliable CANbus protocol (AiCaP), using XML for plug and play capabilities. The smart sensors can be mounted directly on the Top-end Plate or connected via cable to an Aanderaa SeaGuard Platform.
During power-up, each of the sensors that are connected to the bus will report their capabilities and specifications to the Datalogger. The Datalogger then assembles the information and provides the user with the possibility to configure the instrument based on the present nodes.
Since all calibration and temperature compensation data are stored inside the sensor, the parameters are by default presented directly in engineering units without any external calculation. Six sensors can be fitted onto the Top-end Plate of the Platform; four of which can be analog (0 – 5V) sensors.
The SeaGuard Platform has 2 Battery Compartments for long deployment time; the AiCaP CANbus based protocol ensures low power consumption. The output parameters from the SeaGuard Platform are easily presented in SeaGuard Studio.
The SeaGuard Platform can be configured to suit your requirements and applications. The SeaGuard Instrument can be deployed in an In-line string mooring, Fixed bottom frame mooring, Buoy deployment, Long term/short term deployment. The SeaGuard Instrument can be used with Aanderaa Real-time Collector for real-time data.
Aanderaa SeaGuard Platform Advantages
- Aanderaa SeaGuard Platform Great Flexibility: data registration from up to 20 sensors
- High resolution and low drift
- Low maintenance needs
- Selectable interval from 2 seconds to 2 hours
- SeaGuard Studio visualization software
- Real-Time XML Output on RS-422(optional)
- Windows CE based Datalogger with TFT colour touch panel for configuration
- For use in sea and freshwater
- 300m/3000m/6000m version
- Smart sensor topology based on a reliable CANbus interface (AiCaP)
- Available sensors: Z-Pulse Doppler current sensor, Temperature, Oxygen optode, Conductivity, Pressure, Wave and Tide
- Up to 4 Analog sensor input (0-5V), e.g. Turbidity
- Aanderaa SeaGuard Platform Platform Capability: Multiple nodes can be connected to the Platform
- Top-end Plate capability: Up to 7 sensors can be fitted onto the Top-end Plate, of which 4 can be analog sensors (0-5V)
- Recording System: Data Storage on SD card
- Storage Capacity: ≤ 2GB
- Battery: 1 or 2 batteries inside the instrument
Alkaline 3988: 9V, 15Ah (nominal 12.5Ah; 20W down to 6V at 4°C)
or Lithium 3908: 7V, 35Ah
- Recording Interval: From 2s, depending on the node configuration for each instrument
- Recording Settings: Fixed interval settings or Customized Sequence setting
- Protocol: AiCaP CANbus based protocol
- Deployment depth:
Shallow Water (SW): 0 – 300m (0 – 984.3ft)
Intermediate Water (IW):0 – 3000m (0 – 9843ft)
Deep Water (DW): 0 – 6000m (0 – 19690ft)
- Platform Dimensions:
Shallow Water (SW): H: 356mm, OD: 139mm
Intermediate Water (IW):H: 352mm, OD: 140mm
Deep Water (DW): H: 368mm, OD: 143mm
Shallow Water (SW): 5.9 kg (In Air) 1.5 kg (In Water)
Intermediate Water (IW): 8.8 kg (In Air) 4.2 kg (In Water)
Deep Water (DW): 9.2 kg (In Air) 4.6 kg (In Water)
- External Materials
300m version: PET, Titanium, Stainless Steel 316
3000/6000m version: Stainless steel 316,Titanium,
- Supply Voltage: 6– 14 Vdc
- Operating Temperature: -5 to +40°C
- Accessories Included: SeaGuard Studio, SD card: 2 GB, 1 Alkaline Battery 3988, Documentation on CD
Download Datasheet: Aanderaa SEAGUARD® Platform