MS1861 Bottom Rail Deadbolt provides maximum security with MS deadbolt locking mechanism. It utilizes hardened steel bolts for the limited space of ultra-narrow stile doors.
Adams Rite MS Series Function
The MS1861 lies horizontally in the bottom rail of ultra-narrow style doors which have insufficient vertical space for a lock, or tempered glass doors that have no style at all. The hardened steel cylindrical bolts allow simply drilled strike holes of a relatively small size to minimize the nuisance and danger presented by some threshold strikes in collecting debris or snagging on high-heeled shoes. MS1861-02 locks either single-leaf or pairs of doors. Not recommended for wood doors.
360° turn of key or thumb turn projects or retracts bolt(s). The Key can be removed only when bolts are in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard 1″ [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32″ [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066 Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
Adams Rite MS Series Features
- Cylinder Backset: Minimum backset is approximately 2-1/4″ [57.2 mm] for the MS1861- 01 configurations with vertical bolt only. The MS1861-02 configuration with both vertical and horizontal bolts requires placement of cylinder centerline 5-3/4″ [146.1 mm] from the nose of the door. Both have cylinder center 1-7/8″ [47.6 mm] above the bottom edge of the door.
- Case: Measures 1″ x 6″ x 1-13/16″ [25.4 mm x 152.4 mm x 46.0 mm]. Steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
- Bolt: 3/8″ [9.5 mm] diameter. Stainless steel vertical threshold bolt has 13/16″ [20.6mm] throw. Hardened steel horizontal bolt has 1-1/8″ [28.6 mm] throw.
- Strike: In the metal installation, 7/16″ [11.1 mm] drilled holes in the threshold are required. For MS1861-02 configuration with both vertical and horizontal bolts, drilled holes are also required in the jamb or opposite door.
- Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting screws. Cylinder and/or thumbturn available separately. If required, tube spacers are available separately.
- Shipping weight: MS1861-01: 1-3/4 lbs [0.79 kg], MS1861-02: 2 lbs [0.91 kg]
Adams Rite MS Series Options
- Vertical bolt only (-01)
- Vertical and horizontal bolts (-02)
The unit illustrated is MS1861-02. (Both horizontal & vertical bolts included.) The part number for vertical bolt operation only is MS1861-01. Conversion Kit no. 4014 available to convert MS1861-01 to MS1861-02
4014 Conversion Kit
To convert MS1861-01 to MS1861-02, 4014 Conversion Kit provides horizontal bolt assembly with guide and attachment fittings. To assemble, press the pin through the disc and arm.
Download Datasheet: Adams Rite MS1861 Series MS® Bottom Rail Deadbolt