Established in 1946, ERDCO Engineering Corporation has supplied the Process, Environmental, Water Treatment, and HVAC Industries with flow measurement including Variable Area, Rotameter, Turbine and Thermal Dispersion Type Flowmeters. These rugged instruments are specified for the measurement of utility liquids, gases, and steam. Typical fluids include water, air, coolants, steam, lubricants, and nitrogen to name a few.
Erdco Turbo-Flo 25D Series | Descriptions
Turbo-FloTM probes offer the precision of turbine technology with rugged construction. The practical design of the probe includes a bluff bar that protects the turbine from foreign materials in the stream as well as from over-insertion. Installation is simple and does not require special fittings. The Turbo-FloTM probe may be installed in standard pipe tees, through pipe saddles, welding spuds, and 1 1/2” full opening ball or gate valves.
- Delrin® non-metallic construction is ideal for water applications. Resists corrosion and mineral salt accumulation.
- Steel or stainless steel connector fittings.
- Adjustable insertion length for 11 ⁄2 to 10 inch pipe.
- Lower cost than stainless steel probes.
- Rugged construction for industrial environments.
- No external power required.
- Wide measuring range with 30:1 turndown.
- Low mass Delrin® turbines offer improved sensitivity and long life.
- Use standard pipe fittings for installation
- Water and other aqueous solutions
- Chiller and cooling tower loops
- Water treatment systems
- Irrigation systems
Accuracy : ±1.0%
Repeatability : ±0.5%
Linearity : ±0.5%
Turndown : 30:1
Insertion Length : 02 = 2 inches 06 = 6 inches 12 = 12 inches
Threshold : 0.5 ft/s or 1.22 x ID2 = GPM Liquid
Velocity : ft/s = 0.408 x GPM/pipe ID2
Point Velocity = 2.625 pulses/ft/s
Pulse/gallon correction for uncharted pipe diameters =
ID2 charted pipe Pulse/gallon ID2 uncharted pipe x charted pipe
Materials of Construction :
Probe : Delrin®
Connector : Steel, 303sst
Turbine : Delrin®
O-rings : Buna-n or Viton®
Temperature Limits : 225°F(107°C)
Pressure Limits : 145 psig(10bar)@ 75°F(24°C)
ERDCO reserves the right to alter design and/or specifications without notice. Viton® and Delrin® are registered trademarks of E.I. Dupont de Nemours and Co.
Reference : erdco.com