TC Fluid Sanitary Level Sensor has been specifically designed for the requirements of the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries. The sensor is particularly suitable for the special conditions of CIP/SIP cleaning processes, such as chemical stability towards cleaning liquids and high temperatures.
The guide tube is directly welded to the process connection, which guarantees a crevice-free connection, additional sealings are not required.The sensor is supplied with a DC voltage of 10 … 30 V. Available output signals are 4 … 20 mA or 4 … 20 mA with HART® signal.
The hygienically designed sensor housing, with an ingress protection of up to IP 68, offers a secure protection for external cleaning with splash water and enables its use in high-humidity environments.
The model FLM-H sensor fulfils the high demands of sanitary applications. It is marked with the 3-A symbol and current version number, as it conforms, based on a third party verification, to the 3-A standard.
TC Fluid Sanitary Level Sensor Features
- Fully welded and dead space free
- Operating limits:
– Operating temperature: T = -40 … +250 °C
– Operating pressure: P = Vacuum to 10 bar
- Insensitive to foaming, ideal for interface measurement
- High-precision level measurement: Accuracy < 0.5 mm
- Wide variety of hygienic process connections
- Large range of application due to the simple, proven functional principle
- For harsh operating conditions, long service life
- Continuous measurement of levels, independent of physical and chemical changes of the media such as: Foaming, conductivity, dielectric, pressure, vacuum, temperature, vapours, condensation, bubble formation, boiling effects, density change
- Signal transmission over long distances
- Simple installation and commissioning, onetime calibration only, no recalibration necessary
- Level displayed proportional to volume or height
- Food and beverage industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Level measurement in fermenters
Design and operating principle
- The measuring process is triggered by a current impulse. This current produces a circular magnetic field (3) along a wire (1) made of magnetostrictive material fixed in the guide tube.
- At the point being measured (liquid level) there is a float with permanent magnets (4) acting as a position transducer.
- The interaction of both magnetic fields generates a mechanical torsion wave (5) in the wire.
- This is converted into an electrical signal at the end on the wire in the sensor housing (2) by a piezoceramic converter.
- The measured propagation delay enables the origination point of the mechanical wave, and thus the float position, to be determined with high accuracy.
TC Fluid Sanitary Level Sensor Sensor, sterile version, model FLM-H
Electrical connection :
- Sensor housing (Version with separate sensor base support)
- Stainless steel 1.4305 with cable gland M16 x 1.5 polyamide or hygienic design (Version with welded tube end)
Process connection :
- Clamp connection ISO 2852 (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 4″)
- Clamp connection DIN 32676 (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 4″)
- Aseptic mounting thread downwards DIN 11864-1 (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 4″)
- Aseptic collar connecting sleeve DIN 11864-1 (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 4″)
- Aseptic flange connection DIN 11864-2 (DN 32 … DN 50 or 1.5″ … 2″)
- Aseptic clamp connection DIN 11864-3 (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 4″)
- VARIVENT (form F, N and G)
- BioConnect® threaded connection (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 2″)
- BioConnect® flange connection (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 2″)
- BioConnect® clamp connection (DN 32 … DN 100 or 1.5″ … 2″)
Guide tube diameter : 12, 14 or 17.2 mm (stainless steel 1.4435 or 1.4404, surface ground and polished, Ra ≤ 0.8 μm or Ra ≤ 0.4 μm)
Guide tube length L max. : 6,000 mm
- Material stainless steel 1.4435 or 1.4404
- Float diameter 50 or 80 mm
- Float selection depending on guide tube diameter
Density range :
- Float diameter 50 mm: 1100 kg/m³ … 1860 kg/m³
- Float diameter 80 mm: 770 kg/m³ … 1162 kg/m³
Max. operating pressure : 10 bar
Temperature range :
- Medium standard -40 … +250 °C
- Ambient temperature at the sensor housing -40 … +85 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 … +60 °C
Output signal : 4 … 20 mA, HART®
Power supply : DC 10 … 30 V
Accuracy : < ±0.5 mm
Resolution : < 0.1 mm
Load max. : 900 Ω at 30 V
Mounting position : Vertical ±30°
Ingress protection : IP 68 per EN 60529 / lEC 60529
Download Dataseheet : TC Fluid Control Sanitary Level Sensor
Reference : tc-fluidcontrol.com