The flow meter can be installed directly in the fluid line without flow straighteners or special pip ing. The meter is used to measure the flow rate of most liquids which do not contain particles greater than 74 micron.
- Internal components are sealed inside a painted aluminum enclosure which permit use in areas where the meter may be sprayed or washed with soap and water.
- Mount the meter in the most convenient location to allow easy access for reading and maintenance.
- The meter should NOT be mounted near hot pipes or equipment that can increase the ambient temperature above the meter rating. The meter should be mounted at least one foot (.3 meter) from large electric motors, or the internal magnet may weaken or become demagnetized.
The Flow Rate Alarm ensures sufficient flows of coolants and lubricants in mobile hydraulic equipment and industrial process control. This variable area flow meter comes equipped with simple on/off logic and a field adjustable alarm setting for simplicity of use.
The rugged cast aluminum NEMA type 4X enclosure allows for weather-tight construction in outdoor environments where liquid tight seals are required. Take advantage of the economical protection with the Flow Rate Alarm. It sends alerts of incorrect pneumatic, lubrication or cooling volumes, which protects expensive equipment and reduces production downtime.
Measuring Accuracy: ±2.0% of full scale
Flow Measuring Range: 0.1-150 GPM (0.5-550 LPM) 2.0-1300, SCFM (1-600 SLPS)
Maximum Operating Pressure: Liquids Aluminum and brass monitors: 3500 PSIG (240 Bar) Stainless steel: 6000 PSIG (410 Bar) Air/Gas Aluminum and brass: 600 PSIG (40 Bar) Stainless steel: 1000 PSIG (69 Bar)
Maximum Operating Temperature: Media: 185˚F (85° C) Ambient: 185˚F (85° C)
- Field Adjustable Alarm Setting: Only an allen wrench is required to change the flow alarm setting.
- Weather-Tight Construction: Rugged cast aluminum NEMA type 4X enclosure allows installation outdoors and in environments where liquid tight seals are required.
- Simple On/Off Logic Positive: alarm points using dry-contact, SPDT switches, reduce the complexity found in standard rotameter OFF/ON/OFF circuits.
- Pre-Wired with Cable Disconnect: The standard Hirschmann interconnection provides easy installation and maintenance of the Flow Alarm and the system it is a part of.
- Economical Protection: This monitor rapidly pays for itself as it “sounds the alarm” on incorrect pneumatic, lubrication or cooling volumes, protecting expensive equipment and reducing downtime.
Measuring Accuracy: ±2.0% of full scale
Repeatability: ±1% of full scale
Flow Measuring Range:
- 0.1-150 GPM (0.5-550 LPM)
- 2.0-1300 SCFM (1-600 SLPS)
Maximum Operating Pressure:
- Aluminum and brass monitors: 3500 PSIG (240 Bar)
- Stainless steel: 6000 PSIG (410 Bar)
- Aluminum and brass: 600 PSIG (40 Bar)
- Stainless steel: 1000 PSIG (69 Bar)
Maximum Operating Temperature: 185°F (85°C)
Standard Calibration Fluids:
- Oil meters: DTE 25® @ 110°F (43°C), 0.873 sg
- Water meters: tap water @ 70°F (21°C), 1.0 sg
- Air meters: air @ 70°F (21°C), 1.0 sg and 100 PSIG (6.8 Bar)
Alarm Switch Dead-Band: 4% of full scale
Alarm Switch Control: SPDT (dry contact). 10 amps and 1/4 hp, 125 or 250 VAC. 1/2 amp, 125 VDC (regulated); 1/4 amp, 250 VDC (regulated); 3 amps, 125 VAC “L” (lamp load)
Viscosity: Standard viscosities up to 110 cSt. For viscosities between 110 to 430 cSt contact factory.
Filtration Requirement: 74 micron filter or 200 mesh screen minimum
Enclosure Materials Of Construction (Non-Wetted Components):
- Enclosure & Cover: Painted Aluminum
- Seals: Buna-N®
- Window: Pyrex®
- Din Connector: Polyamide
Enclosure Materials Of Construction (Wetted Components):
– Casing & End Ports:
- Anodized Aluminum: Buna-N® (STD), EPR, FKM or Kalrez®
- Brass: Buna-N® (STD), EPR, FKM or Kalrez®
- Stainless Steel: FKM with PTFE backup (STD), Buna-N®, EPR or Kalrez®
– Transfer Magnet:
- PTFE coated Alnico
– All other internal parts:
- Stainless steel
Download Data Sheet: Flow Rate Alarm
You must be logged in to post a comment.