Aanderaa Conductivity Sensor 4319R are compact, fully integrated sensors for measuring the conductivity of water. The conductivity of saltwater is a key parameter for in-situ measurements of several fundamental physical properties of water.
For saltwater, the ability to conduct electrical current is mostly dependent on temperature and the amount of inorganic dissolved solids. This means that, together with temperature and depth information, a good estimate of the water conductivity or salinity may be determined by measuring the conductivity of water with an Aanderaaa conductivity sensor. Salinity is defined as the concentration of dissolved solids.
This means that, together with temperature and depth information, a good estimate of the salinity may be determined. By using the inductive principle, the stable measurement can be obtained without utilizing electrodes that are easily fouled and may wear out in the field.
Salinity is defined as the concentration of dissolved solids. Other important properties of saltwater are again dependent on salinity. Among these are the density and the speed of sound. The Aanderaa Conductivity Sensor is based on an inductive principle.
The Smart sensor, including the conductivity sensor, can be mounted directly on the top-end plate of the Aanderaa SmartGuard datalogger, in a String System node, or connected to the SmartGuard datalogger and hence automatically detected and recognized.
The Conductivity Sensor 4319 is a compact fully integrated sensor for measuring the electrical conductivity of seawater. It is designed to be used with SeaGuard or SmartGuard datalogger using AiCaP CANbus or as a stand-alone sensor using RS-232.
- Smart Sensor for easy integration with SeaGuard and SmartGuard
- Direct readout of engineering data
- Internal pressure never exceeds 1 bar therefore electronics and sensors are unaffected by sea depth
- Rugged and robust with low maintenance needs
- Output format AiCaP CANbus, RS-232
- 3 depth ranges available max. 6000 meters
The Conductivity Sensor 4319 is based on an inductive principle. This provides for stable measurement without electrodes that are easily fouled and may wear out in the field. The utilization of miniature components has made it possible to integrate all the required electronics.
The SeaGuard datalogger and the Smart sensors are interfaced by means of a reliable CANbus interface (AiCaP), using XML for plug and play capabilities. The Smart sensors can be mounted directly on the top endplate of the Aanderaa SeaGuard, in a String System node, or connected to the SmartGuard and are automatically detected and recognized.
Aanderaa Conductivity Sensor 4319R Specifications | Technical Details
- Range: 0–7.5S/m (0–75mS/cm)
- Resolution: 0.0002S/m (0.002mS/cm)
4319A: ±0.005S/m (±0.05mS/cm)
4319B: ±0.0018S/m (±0.018mS/cm)
- Response Time (90%): <3s
- Range:-5–40°C (23-104˚F)
- Resolution: 0.01°C (0.018°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.05°C (0.09°F)/(±0.1°C (0.18°F) for interval <30s.)
- Response Time (63%): <10 seconds
- AiCaP CANbus and RS-232
Aanderaa Conductivity Sensor 4319R Output Parameters
- AiCaP: Conductivity, Temperature
- RS-232: Conductivity, Temperature, Salinity, Density and Sound of Speed
- Sampling interval: 2 sec – 255 min
- Supply voltage: 5 to 14VDC
- Average: 0.16 +48mA/S where S is sampling interval in seconds
- Maximum: 100mA
- Quiescent: 0.16mA
- Shallow Water (SW): 0–300m (0–984.3ft)
- Intermediate Water (IW): 0–3000m (0–9843ft)
- Deep Water (DW): 0–6000m (0–19690ft)
- Electrical connection: 10-pin receptacle mating SP-plug
- Dimension (WxDxH): 36 x 39 x 86mm (1.4”x1.5”x3.4”)
- Weight: 240g (8.466oz)
- Materials: Epoxy coated titanium
Aanderaa Conductivity Sensor 4319R Accessories, not included
- Resistor Set 3719 for functional test
- Sensor Cable 4762,4865
- Patch Cable 4999,3880L
- Set-up and Config. Cable 3855
Download Datasheet: Aanderaa Conductivity Sensor 4319R
- GF Signet Flow Sensor
- Capacitive Proximity Sensors
- Photoelectric Proximity Sensors
- A.I. Tek Instruments Magnetic Hall Effect Sensor BH Series
- A+ Corporation Genie Supreme 123 Membrane Separator