Dropsa Ultrasensor 2 Proximity and microswitch systems have been designed as a next-generation replacement of Proximity and microswitch systems for monitoring spool movement in progressive divider elements.
Ultrasensor 2: Ultra Small, Ultra Fast, Ultra-Reliable
A single model will work with all standard SMX, SMP, SMO, nP, and nPR+ divider blocks as a screw-on accessory without requiring special arrangement or modification to the spool. The patented concept works by monitoring magnetic flux variations through a Hall-effect sensor as the spool enters the sensing range. There are no moving parts which means the solid-state device is completely wear-free.
The device is equipped with 2 LED:
- Monitoring LED (ORANGE): allows you to see the output signal. LED signal indicates a good function of the spool.
- Diagnostic LED (GREEN): At power-on, the number of pulses indicates the magnetic flux level. Pulses number is from 0 to 10. 5 blinking are standard pulses that show a good function of the device.
- Max. Cycle per minute: 1000
- Voltage: 8 ÷ 28 V DC
- Short circuit protection: YES
- Protection degree: IP 67
- Operating temperature: -10 °C ÷ +60 °C (-4 °F ÷ +158 °F)
- Connector: M12x1
- Output signals: NPN 2A N.O. PNP 0,7A N.O.
- Power-on diagnostic LED- Metallic connector
- Short-circuit protection
- Advanced sensing algorithm
- Interference-resistant circuitry is more robust than a normal proxy. switch!
- Protection against reverse polarity.his diagnostic system you can verify the correct reading of the magnetic field. NPN and PNP connection options are standard within the same sensor.
The Characteristics of Ultrasensor 2
- Ultra Small: Smallest Sensor On The Market Today. Small Size Means Easier Installation On Triicky Machinery.
- Ultra Fast: No Mechanical Moving Parts Means The Sensor Can Read Any Practical Cycle Speed.
- Ultra Reliable: Completely Solid State Operation For High Reliability And Durability.
- IP67 Protection
- Fully Potted Solid State Device: Means Circuit is Isolated From The Environment
- 2 LED: Green Diagnostic LED and Orange Monitoring LED Diagnostic
- NPN and PNP Signal: Both Included as Standard
- M12 Heavy Duty Metal Connector: Provides Robust Wiring Solutions
|Material||Stainless steel AISI 316 – Nickel-plated brass|
|Max. Cycle per minute||1000|
|Voltage||8 ÷ 28 V DC|
|Short circuit protection||SI|
|Protection degree||IP 67|
|Operating temperature||-25°C ÷ +60 °C (-13÷ +158 °F)|
|Output signals||NPN 2A – PNP 0,7A|
|Max allowable pressure on the front sensor surface||400 bar (5800 psi)|
Normally, the magnetic field is balanced around the hall sensor. With the spool in the sensing range, the flux density is modified allowing the Hall Effect sensor to detect the presence of the spool.
The use of a magnetic flex variation allows an extended sensing zone which avoids problems on systems with low flow rates and backpressure where the spool can often stop or bounce on the sensing surface.
Read More Articles :
- Digital Flow Switch for Water Size 3/4″
- Altanova – Portable Testing, and Advanced Monitoring Systems
- Kelco Engineering – Corrosion Resistant Flow, Level, and Float Switches
- O2 Analyzer Sensor with ZIRCONIA and INFRA-Red Sensor
- ESPOWER Electrical Systems
- Lika Electronic – Smart Encoders & Actuators
- Ciglow – Flameless lighters specialize