EGE-Elektronik Special Sensors GmbH has been developing and manufacturing special-purpose sensors for automation applications since 1976. The company serves leading international producers from a wide range of industries. Its product portfolio includes flow controllers, infrared, Opto and ultrasonic sensors, capacitive proximity switches, light barriers, and inductive proximity switches.
EGE Elektronik also provides sensors for highly sensitive applications, e. g. hazardous areas. The development department`s highly qualified staff cooperates closely with all customers, ensuring continuous product updates and enhancement.
EGE has been a pioneer in the field of flow control and an innovator and decisive participant in the development of today’s globally utilized thermal flow controllers. The in-house EMC and test laboratories ensure that all inspections and tests required for permits and conformity certificates are carried out quickly and reliably. Product quality is guaranteed with a continuously monitored quality management system in accordance with EN ISO 9001:2000.
PRODUCT RANGE OF EGE ELEKTRONIK
LIQUID FLOW CONTROLLER
The thermal flow controllers by EGE can be used wherever flows have to be monitored. The standard one-piece sensors are made from the very durable V4a stainless steel (DIN 1.4571). For especially aggressive fluids, EGE manufactures sensors made from special materials such as bronze, Hastelloy, titanium or even PTFE. EGE flow controllers are reliable units for the automation industry, chemical industry, and wherever flows have to be monitored in a safe, robust and low-maintenance manner.
PRODUCTS MODEL OF EGE
LIQUID FLOW CONTROLLER
Flow sensors Series 400 / Series 500
- Probe Series ST / STK
- ST Series Probe high temperature 120 °C
- Probe chemical resistant Series STA
- SC 440 / SCS 440 Series Compact models
- SNS 450 / SN 450 Series Compact models
- SNS 450 / SN 450 Series Compact models with analog output
- SN 450 Series Compact models with two switching points
- Compact models with temperature control Serie SNT 450
- SN 450 Series Compact models with turn on/off delay
- Inline-Sensor Series SD
- SDN / SDNC Inline-Compact Series
- Special-Probe Food / Pharma Series SCB / STB / STC
- Inline-Compact Series SDB / SDN / SDTN
Flow sensors Inline-Flow monitoring Series SDN / SDV / SDI
- Inline-Compact with digital display Series SDN 552 / SDN554
- The vortex-measuring device with digital display Series SDV 652
- The magnetic flowmeter with digital display Series SDI 852 / SDI 853
EGE airflow controllers are defined by their quick response and reliable function. The applied function principle does not require any moveable parts for the airflow controllers, which is why they well suited for use in aggressive environments. Airflow controllers are available for flows from 0.2 m/s to 25 m/s.
Airflow sensors Series 400 / Series 500 models :
- Probe Series LTZ 421
- LN / LG / LD Series Compact models
- Compact models Series LNZ 450
- LN 450 Series Compact models sleeve mounting
- LDN Compact models airflow Series
without moveable parts are available in various versions and are extremely resistant to soiling. Capacitive level controllers are available for gases to -200 °C as well as hot glue-up to +230 °C. PTFE and PEEK are here the preferred materials because they prevent adhesions. Opto fill sensors with glass or PSU tip do not require a medium adjustment and are simply added to the tank.
These sensors are also available as explosion-proof units in accordance with ATEX. Ultrasonic sensors, pressure controllers or the capacitive high-temperature measuring probe KFA continuously monitor and log fill levels level CONTROLLER
Level sensors models :
- Microwave meter Series MFP
- Series MFM Microwave meter
- MFC Series Microwave-Compact
- Microwave-Compact Series MFK
- Integral switches Series KGF / KGMR / KG R / KA / KB / KFC Opto-integral switches Series UFGS / UFS
- Conductive sensor Series CFC
- Analog-sensors up to 200 °C Series KFA
- GFP Series – 230 °C-Low temperature
- 230 °C-High temperature Series KGFT / KGFT-CER
- Amplifiers Series KK / KU / KUA
Level sensors for Ex-applications
- KGEX Series Ex-sensors Zone 20 – 22
- Ex-to sensors Zone 0 Series UFGS…Ex / URFG…Ex
- Ex-sensors Zone 0 – 1 Series TF…Ex
- KEAC Series x-sensors Zone 0
- Ex-sensors Zone 0 up to 200 °C Series KGFT…Ex / Ex-Preamplifier Series KK 030 Ex
- EGE 90 Ex / EGE 903 Ex Series Ex-amplifiers
- SF3 Series Ex-amplifier Zone 1
- Ex-housing amplifiers Zone 1/21 System GAM
- Series GKEx-housing for screw terminals Zone 1/21
INDUCTIVE PROXIMITY SWITCH
EGE offers special inductive proximity switches for special applications. The focus is on TROPICAL switches which exceed IP 69K with a temperature range up to +120 °C and is optimally suited for corrosive environments. High temperature switches up to 160 °C are also offered. Other hot area sensors can be used in temperatures up to 250 °C.
The lower end of the temperature scale is at -60 °C and applies to the POLAR switches. Large switching distances up to 170 mm and sensors resistant to rolling oils made from PTFE, PP or PEEK are also available for the food industry. Intrinsically safe Ex-classified sensors according to ATEX and compact dust-EX and gas-EX sensors complete the product program.
- Metal sleeve M12 / M18 / Series IGA
- Long sensing range Ø 80 mm Series IDA
- High temperature 160 °C Series IGT
- Metal sleeve M12 / M18 / M30 Series IGM
- Smooth-bodied switches Ø 20 mm / Ø 34 mm Series INK
- Surface sensors Series IFE
- Offshore Series IGMO
- Washing resistant Series IDKW
- Factor 1 Series IGB / IDB
- Compact model Series IGEX20 Ex-Zone 20,
- Intrinsically safe Series IGEX, Ex-Zone 0/20,
- Series IGEX / IGVEX Ex-Zone 22, compact model
- Ex-Zone 20, compact model Series IDEX20
- Ex-Zone 0/20, intrinsically safe Series IDEX
- Series IDEX Ex-Zone 22, compact model
- Ex-amplifiers Series EGE 90 Ex / EGE 903 Ex / IKM 122 EX
CAPACITIVE PROXIMITY SWITCH
Capacitive proximity switches are available as IP 69K sensors up to 90 °C and well suited for corrosive environments. High-temperature switches for temperatures up to 200 °C are available as well. Large switching distances up to 120 mm and sensors made from PTFE or PEEK, especially well-suited for the food industry, are also part of the product program. These special sensors are also extremely resistant to chemicals. Analog sensors determine distances. EX-proof sensors in accordance with ATEX are available as dust-EX and gas-EX sensors.
Capacitive switches and sensors
- KGK Series Standard switches plastic M12
- KGM Series Standard switches metal M18
- Standard switches plastic M18 KGK Series
- KGM Series Standard switches metal M30
- KGK Series Standard switches plastic M30
- Series KNK Smooth-bodied switches Ø 20 mm and Ø 34 mm plastics
- KD / KNK Series Long sensing range
- KGFW.Series Special switches PTFE-thread M30
- KNFW Series Special switches PTFE-housing Ø 35 mm
- KGMT Series 200 °C-High temperature
- KGA / KDA Series Analog sensors
- Amplifiers for High temperature switches Series KK / KU
Capacitive sensors for Ex-applications
- Dust Ex-Sensors Series KGEX / KDEX
- Ex-amplifiers Series EGE 903-Ex
OPTO HIGH CAPACITY SYSTEMS (SERIES URA)
Here you will find cross-section converters to control the edges of bands or detect band interruptions as well as high-performance photoelectric barriers and reflex sensors for large distances.
Infrared detectors are used wherever and whenever temperatures have to be monitored and conventional sensors would fail due to excessive heat. EGE infrared detectors are characterized by an especially robust, industrial design and construction that protects the unit from mechanical stresses.
The units are built in accordance with IP 68 and are thus waterproof up to 3 bar and resistant to high-pressure cleaning methods as well as temperature and climate fluctuations (IP 69K). The fiberglass optic is designed for the most extreme environmental conditions and can withstand temperatures up to 250°C, special version versions even up to 500°C.
The product range of EGE Infrared Detector :
- Series ODMO
- Series OD 100
- Series ODE
EGE ultrasonic sensors for contactless measuring of distances are robust in design and waterproof (IP 67.) They are available for switching points from 10 to 3500 mm and are programmable as well
- Series ARK
- Series AGK
The product range of EGE Ultrasonic Sensor:
- Series AGK
- Series ARK
EGE’s programmable temperature sensors feature a compact design and two switching outputs or one analog output. The easy-to-read digital display depicts the temperature to an accuracy of one position after the decimal point.
The product range of EGE Temperature Sensor:
- Series TN 553
- Series TN 552
EGE pressure sensors feature a flush aluminum ceramic gauge head and are thus suitable for monitoring pressures and fill levels of even polluted and viscous media.
The product range of EGE Pressure Sensor:
- Series DN 752
EGE metal detectors are reliable and robust. They are designed for outside applications in harsh climates. The metal detector System 3000 is designed to detect medium-sized and larger parts. The system has a very effective sensitivity setting. Together with the amplifier MU 3300, it responds to medium-sized parts such as nails, nuts or pieces of flatware when setting to the highest sensitivity setting.
Together with the amplifier MDV, it only responds to larger metal parts such as the teeth of an excavator shovel, equipment or tool parts or paneling. Such parts could damage stone-crushing machines, vibratory equipment, or wood-chipping machines.
When used in this manner, the metal detector is suitable for protecting machinery by preventing that larger parts interrupt the operation of the equipment. It detects metal during bulk material transport by means of contactless measurements.
The product range of EGE Metal Detector:
- Series MU
- Series MDV
ATEX GAS SENSOR
EGE provides a broad product range of sensors for gas EX-areas. EGE gas EX-sensors are intrinsically safe and are therefore operated with an external EX amplifier (Zener barrier, isolating switch amplifier), which limits the amount of energy that can be brought to an EX environment (Zone 0 or Zone 1). The switching units are either set up outside of the EX area or can be operated in Zone 1 (example: SS400 Ex or SF3).
To monitor fill levels, EGE supplies devices suitable for aggressive or corrosive media and high temperatures up to 195°C (in temperature class T3). Flow controllers for use in the chemical industry are made from stainless steel (V4A / 1.4711) or different special materials such as Hastelloy or titanium so that they are also suitable for aggressive media.
The inductive proximity switches feature N+N technology (type Namur)
GAS FLOW SENSOR
- Series STSEX
- Series STS / ST
- Series STS
AMPLIFIER SZA 400 SERIES / SZA 400Ex SERIES
GAS LEVEL SENSOR
- Series KEAC
- Series KGFT … Ex
- Series UFGS… Ex
- Series TF… Ex
- AMPLIFIER SF3 SERIES
ATEX DUST SENSOR
EGE manufactures proximity switches and flow controllers for areas at risk for dust explosions. They are operated with a separate switching unit (Zener barrier / isolating switch amplifier) and are approved for use in Zone 20 or Zone 21, which means in areas with an almost always or frequent atmosphere subject to dust explosions.
For areas where hazardous/explosive materials are rare (Zone 22), EGE provides compact units that do not need an external switching device (Zener barrier) and are connected the same way standard proximity switches or flow controllers
- Series STS – Air flow probe
- Series LG – Air flow controller