The OCTOPUS family includes Ethernet switches and routers with 5 up to 28 ports. Twisted pair connections for Gigabit Ethernet are designed with “X”-coded M12, for Fast Ethernet with “D”-coded M12 and fiber optic connections with sockets according to IEC.
Depending on the selected scope of services, the software offers management, diagnostic and filtering features as well as redundancy methods and security mechanisms of varying degrees. All switches are characterized by a waterproof and dust-resistant housing and an extended temperature range from -40°C to +70°C
Table of Contents
The OCTOPUS family can be used anywhere where reliable and efficient data transmission has to be assured at all times, even under the harshest conditions. Thanks to their robust and compact design, the switches can be mounted – without any protective housing – both on a wall or directly on a machine.
Even water, dirt, dust, vibrations or excessive mechanical stress don’t affect them. In addition, OCTOPUS switches can also withstand extreme heat and cold. Apart from unmanaged devices, managed versions are also offered with different scopes of services installed. Last but not least, the OCTOPUS family also offers PoE switches, which can be used to power devices directly via a data cable.
- Full Gigabit Ethernet switch and router in IP67 housing
- 120 W Power over Ethernet wit optional PoE supply
- Configurable feature sets includingthree housing sizes for 8, 16 or 24ports
- HiOS software up to Layer 3 advanced for switching and routing
- Power supply variants include 24 V DC, 110 V DC, 110 V AC and 230 V AC
- IP67 and IP65 protection degree
- Vibration-proof M12 connectors
- Extensive operating temperature range (-40°C to +70°C)
- Rail approvals for safe usage onboard, as well as along tracks, including EN 50121-4, EN 50155, EN45545-2
- Optimum fail-safety thanks to extremely robust hardware, seemless redundancy methods and security functions
- Increased productivity owing to efficient network structures for reliable data communication
- Additional space for other equipment or applications due to cabinett-less installation