Adalet Explosion-Proof XCE Series, For more than 91 years Adalet, a Scott Fetzer Company, has been an industry leader in the development and manufacturing of enclosure systems and cable accessories. Established in 1928 to manufacture conduit and cable fittings, Adalet today offers the most extensive line of enclosures and fittings to the hazardous and rugged industrial markets.
Our engineered enclosure systems include empty and populated explosion-proof and stainless steel junction boxes, motor control enclosures, meter, and instrument housings, and ‘Exe’ increased safety terminal and control enclosures. The Adalet product line also includes thermal management systems, pilot devices, conduit, and cable accessories, high voltage cable couplers, and other related electrical products for the industry. These products are suitable for NEMA type 1 through NEMA type 13 applications.
Adalet’s sales and application engineers have decades of specialized electrical enclosure experience and are ready to solve your unique custom enclosure application requirements. Our engineering department is unsurpassed and on the edge of technology using the most up-to-date computer-aided design software.
Software applications such as Solid Edge, Solid Works, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Femap/NX-Nastran FEA help us focus on custom product development and innovative engineering. Known for producing the industry’s highest quality Hazardous Location products, Adalet has parlayed its reputation for quality, engineered solutions into its GenLo product line.
Explosion-Proof Control Enclosures – XCE Series
Explosion-proof and dust-ignition proof enclosures are designed for applications where explosions could be caused by gases, dust, and fibers. Intended for either indoor or outdoor use, these enclosures range in size and include a watertight gasket for NEMA 4X protection. Adalet Explosion-Proof XCE Series are used for packaging controls, monitoring, and measuring electrical-electronic components in enclosures for viewing and adjusting arching devices in hazardous environments.
Explosion-Proof Control Enclosures – XCE Series is suitable for use in Class I, Groups B, C & D; Class II, Groups E, F & G applications, NEMA 4,7,9. NEMA 4X (optional w/ stainless steel cover bolts). Explosion-Proof Control Enclosures – XCE Series are approved for use for indoor and outdoor applications.
Adalet Explosion-Proof XCE Series Features
- Standard Features
- 72 standard sizes available
- Corrosion-resistant, copper-free aluminum
- Pre-drilled hinge holes (hinge optional)
- Pre-drilled mounting panel bosses (mounting panel optional)
- NEMA 4 watertight Nitrile gasket
- Premium, high strength steel cover bolts (zinc plated and coated)
- Internal / external grounding screws
- Removable lifting eye bolts (18×24 and larger)
- Lid-lifter cover alignment device (1824 and larger)
- Cast-on mounting lugs/feet
- Tumblast, natural aluminum finish
- Design Options
- NEMA 4X stainless steel cover bolts for additional corrosion protection
- Mounting panels – available in galvanized steel (XSM), aluminum (XSA), or phenolic (XSB)
- Aluminum hinge kits with stainless steel hardware
- Conduit (NPT & metric) and device (NPSM) drilling & tapping
- Operators and auxiliary devices such as breather/drains and flame arrestors
- Quad lead, quick thread cover bolts (designate XCEQ when ordering, not available on XCEX)
- Window kits – Round (up to 8” viewing diameter or square / rectangular (up to 13” x 13”)
- Custom machining – Milling, counter-boring, spot-facing, blind drilled entries, chamfers
- Enclosure – Copper-free aluminum (3/10 of 1%)
- Cover bolts – Steel, zinc plated, and coated
- Hinge kits – Copper-free aluminum with stainless steel 316L hardware
- Mounting panel – Galvanized steel
Download Data Sheet: Explosion-Proof Control Enclosures – XCE Series