AW-Lake CAPM-3 Carrier Frequency Sensor is a Carrier Frequency sensor which means there is no permanent magnet in the pickup, and any magnetic drag on the flow meter is avoided. The CAPM-3 requires a supply voltage between 10 VDC to 30 VDC. A diode in the supply input prevents damage to the module in case the polarity of the supply voltage is wrong. The output signal is a square wave, voltage pulse of approximate amplitude (supply – 1.5 V). The frequency is proportional to the flow rate. For use with HPM-SLG and JVS-SLG gear meters.
AW-Lake CAPM-3 Carrier Frequency Sensor Features:
- Meter Compatibility: Used with HPM-SLG and JVS-SLG gear meters
- Output Signal: Square wave, voltage pulse of approximate aplitude (supply – 1.5V)
- Sourcing output: PNP type sourcing open collector transistor
- Intrinsically Safe: Intrinsically safe CAPM-3o version available
- IS Safe Version: UL & cUL certified for use in Class 1, Div 1 locations
- Ensure that the flow meter sensor cavity is free of debris prior to installation.
- Mount the CAPM-3 onto the flow meter and fasten with mounting screws.
- Supply Voltage: 10 to 30 Volt DC
- Supply Current: 9 mA @ 15 Volt, Max 18 mA
- Minimum Signal: 0.5 Hz
- Signal Output:
- Square wave,
- Vhigh ≈ VCC – 1.5V VLow ≈ 0V
- Duty Cycle: 50%
- Frequency Output: Flow dependent, up to 2000 Hz
- Load: >500Ω
- Driving Capacity: 10 mA Max
- Temperature Range: -60°F to 185°F (-50°C to 85°C)
Download Data Sheet: CAPM-3 Carrier Frequency Sensor