McCrometer flow meters offer unbeatable value in cost of installation and ownership and serve a diverse market with flow measurement solutions to fit each customer’s application needs. Listening to customers and innovating unique solutions is our specialty. McCrometer’s V-Cone Flow Meter, an advanced dP meter, is used in many industrial applications where accuracy, low maintenance, and cost are critical.
About McCrometer Flow Meter
McCrometer is a leading global flow instrumentation specialist. We specialize in the design, manufacture, installation, and testing of flow metering solutions. Instrument, process, facility and consulting engineers worldwide have confidently chosen McCrometer’s flow meters for more than 60 years.
Our application engineers, researchers, and designers apply their expertise in flow physics and real-world operating dynamics. The results are some of the most accurate, innovative, and trusted flow meters on the market. Our ISO certified manufacturing facilities and quality control systems are the foundation for being a trusted supplier to fit every customer’s need in diverse markets such as aerospace, agriculture irrigation, chemical and petrochemical, food and beverage, metals and mining, municipal water and wastewater, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, power utilities, pulp and paper, semiconductor and more.
The Products of McCrometer Flow Meter
McCrometer has been designing, manufacturing, testing, and installing flow meters for more than 65 years and is a leading global flow instrumentation specialist. Our solutions are trusted by engineers and facilities managers in a wide variety of industries all over the world.
Here you will find industry-leading flow meters and monitoring solutions for any application.
Differential Pressure Flow Meter
Engineers can rely on the V-Cone dp flow meter to make life easier. McCrometer’s differential pressure flow meter is the versatile, highly compatible flow measurement solution for a variety of industries. When accuracy and repeatability are critical, the V-Cone’s performance brings superior value.
- V-Cone – Self-conditioning design for tight-fit and retrofit installations.
- Wafer Cone – Space-saving, flangeless design including an interchangeable cone for varying flow conditions.
- VM V-Cone – Differential pressure meter designed with municipal water in mind.
- ExactSteam – Unmatched accuracy, designed to enable the lowest permanent pressure loss.
Electromagnetic Flow Meter
Electromagnetic flow meters (also called mag meters or magnetic meters) are volumetric flow meters that do not have any moving parts to wear, reducing the need for maintenance or replacement. Our mag meters have an accuracy over a wide flow range and can be as good as ± 0.5% of the flow rate or better.
McCrometer has over 65 years of experience in flow measurement and is a global leader in electromagnetic flow meters. We are committed to innovative solutions and the highest possible quality in flow instrumentation. We offer a range of full-bore and insertion-style electromagnetic meters – suitable for agriculture, municipal, industrial, and even oil and gas applications. Mag meters are commonly used for water-based liquids, but some models can also measure mixed media like slurries and sludge.
Insertion Mag Meters
Insertion mag meters can be installed with an easy hot-tap process that does not disrupt flow or production.
- FPI Mag – The FPI Mag is the full-profile insertion mag meter ideal for new and retrofit projects. The FPI Mag’s hot-tap installation eliminates the need to interrupt service, de-watering lines, or cut pipes, ideal for retrofits and tough applications.
- SPI Mag – The single-point insertion SPI Mag is the cost-effective, accurate mag meter ideal for slurries, sludge, potable water, pulp stock, and more. Unlike conventional magnetic meters, the SPI Mag’s cost is independent of pipe size.
Flanged Flow Meters
Designed for the specific needs of the industrial, water, and wastewater industries, flanged flow meters also have wafer-style configurations to meet installation specifications.
- Dura Mag – Requiring only 2D upstream and 1D downstream straight-run, the Dura Mag offers a 5-year meter and battery warranty, and a lifetime liner guarantee. Its fusion-bonded epoxy coating eliminates the risk of liner separation and water intrusion.
- Ultra Mag – The Ultra Mag features an NSF-approved fusion-bonded epoxy UltraLiner™ and a lifetime liner guarantee, eliminating the risk of delamination and liner separation, and is ideal for applications near pumps, water wells, and other municipal locations.
Saddle Mount Mag Meters
McCrometer’s unique saddle mount mag meters provide all the benefits of mag meters with the simplest possible installation. These flow meters have been specially designed for agricultural use cases.
- Mc Mag 3000 – The McMag 3000 mag meter features robust construction and an angled sensor that sheds debris, making it ideal for use in surface water, dairy lagoons, and other dirty water applications.
- Mc Mag 2000 – The McMag 2000 retrofits using the Mc®Propeller saddle and offers Pulse output for system integration. Offering a 5-year full warranty, easy installation, and in-field maintenance, the McMag 2000 is the only mag meter on the market that maintains accuracy with flow straighteners!
Propeller Flow Meter
Whatever the need, McCrometer propeller meters offer unbeatable value in cost of installation and ownership and set the standard for ease-of-use, reliability and economy. Our leading-edge meters offer versatile water flow measurements for more than 65 years.
- Mc Propeller – Unique water meter featuring a flexible drive train and sealed ball bearings. Suitable for clean and dirty water applications – ideal to help reduce costs and control irrigation.
- Water Specialties – Designed to meet the flow measurement needs of water and wastewater users. Has built a reputation for durability, reliability, and high performance.
- FS100 Flow Straightener – Generates optimal flow profiles for propeller meters and the McMag 2000, reducing straight-run requirements by up to 80%.
- FS200 Flow Straightener – Engineered for 10- and 12-inch line sizes, this meter is designed to be installed in the same pipe cutout as the propeller meters, to simplify and streamline installation.
Read More Articles:
- Mecon – Safety Control
- PIUSI Fluid Handling Flow Measurement
- Vögtlin Instruments GmbH – Gas Flow Meters
- Titan Flowmeters – Innovative Liquid Flow Measurement Solutions
- Flow-Tronic Flow Measurement Instrumentation
- Macnaught M80 Mechanical Meter – 3” Series
- Sierra MassTrak 810 Economical Digital Mass Flow Controller