Adams Rite 1830 Deadlock have long been considered the industry standard and remain the dominant locking solution for narrow stile aluminum and glass doors. We offer a variety of shapes, features, and sizes to provide maximum security for sliding and swinging door applications.
1830 Bottom Rail Deadlock provides bottom rail locking in ultra-narrow stile aluminum or tempered glass doors. Tamper-resistant with an armored faceplate, it protects with a minimum threshold strike opening.
Adams Rite 1830 Deadlock Function
For bottom rail locking of ultra-narrow stile or tempered glass doors whose bottom rail (shoe) is too shallow for the MS1861 Bottom Rail Deadbolt. The mechanism is similar to the MS1850S Deadlock, but with the bolt size reduced. This keeps the threshold strike opening to a practical minimum, avoiding the collection of debris or snagging on high-heeled shoes. Armored faceplate protects cylinder set screws from tampering and keeps them from loosening. Not designed for wood door applications.
360° turn of key or thumbturn projects or retracts the counterbalanced bolt. The Key can be removed only when the bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard 1″ [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32″ [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066 Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
Adams Rite 1830 Deadlock Features
- Cylinder Height: 31/32″ [24.6 mm] and 1-1/8″ [28.6 mm] only.
- Case: Measures 1″ x 6″ x depth [ 25.4 mm x 152.4mm x depth] where depth varies with cylinder height. Steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
- Bolt: 15/32″ x 5/8″ x 2-1/8″ [ 11.9 mm x 15.9 mmx 54.0 mm] with 5/8″ [15.9 mm] throw. Six-ply laminated steel with eight plies within the case. Center ply has an alumina-ceramic core to deter hacksaw attack.
- Strike: See back page (of catalog) for dimensions of strike slot which can be cut in metal thresholds. 4006 Strike, shown, available separately with stainless steel trim plate and plastic box.
- Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting screws. Cylinder and/or thumbturn available separately.
- Shipping weight: 1-1/2 lbs [0.68 kg]
- 4006 Strike, cylinder, thumbturn available separately
- Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 628 Clear anodized
Specifications Wireless Access Control
Minimal field configuration for quick, easy wireless deployments that eliminate the cost and inconvenience of hardwiring the door. Fully-encrypted AES 128 bit wireless communication between the G100 lock and Aperio hub ensures data security. The Aperio wireless hub connects to an access control system with typical Wiegand wiring and additional REX and low battery signaling. The Aperio hub should be mounted within 82′ of the desired lock location and through two walls or less.
5° to 130° F [-15° to 55° C], Designed for indoor applications only.
Adams Rite 1830 Deadlock Standard Package
Boxed with mounting plate, AA batteries (x4), credential cards, single door magnet, bolt extensions, thin door plate, mounting screws; wireless hub, and mounting hardware.
8 lbs [3.63 kg]
- Powered by (4) x AA Alkaline batteries; 40,000 cycle battery life
- Programming via touch screen
- Lockdown capability allows for response to lock/unlock commands from host EAC system in less than 10 seconds
- Integrated reader, monitoring and short-range wireless radio
- Real-time door status monitoring with REX, DPS, tamper and low battery signals
- Patent-pending credential cache ensures access when the lock is functioning in an offline mode independent of the software head-end
HID iCLASS®, iCLASS SE® (SIO-enabled), iCLASS® Seos™, SIO® on MIFARE® Classic, SIO® on MIFARE DESFire® EV1, MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, NFC-enabled mobile phones
Download Datasheet: Adams Rite 1830 Series Swing Bolt Bottom Rail Deadlock