Kobold PSR and PSE Paddle Switch are simple, reasonably-priced and reliable monitors of fluid motions. Depending on the flow velocity/flow throughput, the baffle plate is deflected and it moves over the balance arm the permanent magnet into the operating range of the reed contact mounted outside the process fluid.
The leaf spring, which also serves as a support for the balance arm, forces the baffle plate back to its rest position when there is no flow. KOBOLD baffle plate flow monitors are supplied completely assembled with pipe length up to nominal size 40. For bigger nominal pipe sizes the devices are supplied without pipe length for direct fitting and are screwed into standard T pieces or reducing pipes. PTFE tape is used for sealing.
Kobold PSR and PSE Paddle Switch
- PSR made of brass or stainless steel with fitting and female thread for nominal sizes G ¼ to G 1½.
- PSE made of brass or stainless steel with external thread for larger nominal sizes NW 50…NW 200.
- Cooling and lubricant circuits
- Dry running protection for pumps
- Prevention of low water levels
- Monitoring of pipe fracture
- Pressure-resistant, forged case for model PSR-xx08…PSR-xx25
- Baffle plate system made of spring stainless steel This precludes bending of paddle even with flow
- rates well outside the switching range
- Baffle plate exchangeable
Kobold PSR and PSE Paddle Switch Specifications
- Tolerance: ±15 %
- Medium temperature:
- Ambient temperature: -20…+50°C
|Max. Pressure||Brass Version||Stainless steel Version|
|PSE||100 bar||250 bar|
|PSR-1¼, 1½||25 bar||40 bar|
Protection type: IP65
- Preferred mounting position: Upright, horizontal
- PSE-1×52/PSE 1×14: only upright
- Inlet /outlet: 5xDN in each case
ATEX and IECEx
R, U N/O/N/C contact and changeover contact
max. 2 A, max. 60 VAC/DC, max. 40 W, 20 VA
- I M1 Ex ia I Ma
- II 1G Ex ia IIC T4/T3 Ga
I 1D Ex ia IIIC IP6x
-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ 50°C
Download Datasheet: Kobold PSR and PSE Paddle Switch
References : kobold.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.