The Sick W12L-2 series of photoelectric proximity sensors features laser technology that is optimally designed for individual applications. These sensors provide reliable object detection, fast response times and are enclosed in a rugged metal housing, which is ideal for use in all types of industrial applications.
At a glance
- Best-in-class retro-reflective laser performance in a metal housing
- Teflon® coating available
- Precise autocollimation optics
- Adjustable focus on retro-reflective sensors
- High switching frequency of 2.5 kHz
- Connection via cable or rotatable connector
- Mounting options with through holes, blind holes, oblong holes and dovetail
- Laser protection class 1 or 2
- Reliable object detection of small objects due to superior ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit) technology combined with innovative laser technology
- Red light laser technology provides quick and easy alignment of sensor
- Rugged metal housing (available with Teflon® coating) withstands harsh environments
- Laser protection class 1 or 2 for eye safety
- Resistance to optical interference reduces false readings and downtime
- Rotatable connector provides easy installation
|Sensor/ detection principle||Photoelectric proximity sensor, Background suppression|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||15 mm x 49 mm x 41.5 mm|
|Housing design (light emission)||Rectangular|
|Sensing range max.||20 mm … 50 mm 1)||30 mm … 200 mm2)||30 mm … 200 mm3)|
|Focus||45 mm||45 mm||100 mm|
|Type of light||Visible red light|
|Light spot size (distance)||Ø 0.1 mm (45 mm)||Ø 0.1 mm (45 mm)||Ø 0.2 mm (100 mm)|
|Wave length||650 nm|
|Laser class||2 (EN 60825-1:2014, IEC 60825-1:2007) 5)|
|Special applications||Detecting small objects, Detection of objects moving at high speeds|
1) Object with 6 % reflectance (referred to standard white, DIN 5033).
2) Object with 18% remission (based on standard white DIN 5033)
3) Object with 18% remission (based on standard white DIN 5033).
4) Average service life: 50,000 h at TU = +25 °C.
5) Pulse length 4 μs, max. pulse power < 5,0 mW.
- W12-2-Laser Series Sick Proximity Sensor
- WT12L-2B510 Sick Photolectric Proximity Sensor
- W12L-2B530 Sick Photoelectric Proximity Sensors
- W12L-2B550 Sick Photoelectric Proximity Sensors