Differential Pressure model 386 Switch is suitable for setpoints between -12.5 mbar and 4bar with maximum working pressures up to 15bar.
Designed in the mid-1970s and developed over subsequent years, the Performance Series switch range offers users the broadest range of options, the highest levels of set-point repeatability and the confidence of long term performance that a mature product such as this can prove.
The model 386 Performance Series differential pressure switches utilise a nitrile diaphragm based sensor. This, when coupled with a precision stainless steel mechanism designed to minimise friction in the moving parts, helps deliver the market leading performance customers have come to expect from the series.
- Ranges available up to 4 Bar (60 psi)
- Weatherproof IP66 enclosures in zinc alloy or stainless steel
- ATEX and IECEx Ex d Flameproof models available
- Environmentally and Hermetically sealed switch options
- Set-point adjustable over the full range against a calibrated scale with tamperproof adjuster
Table of Contents
- 1 Features:
- 2 Application:
- 3 Advantage of 306 / 386 Differential Pressure:
- 4 Specification:
- 5 Download Data Sheet: 386 Differential Pressure
- Precision stainless steel mechanism for arduous atmospheres and high humidity.
- Set point adjustable over whole range against calibrated scale with tamperproof adjuster.
- Weatherproof and Flameproof models ATEX and IECEX.
- Safety vented or blow out device as standard.
- Hermetically sealed microswitch option.
- Models for fixed switching differential, adjustable differential and HI-LO operation.
- Ranges available up to 4 bar (60 psi).
- Static pressure up to 15 bar (200psi).
The 306 / 386 Differential Pressure Performance Series is suitable for a wide range of applications in:
- Oil & Gas
- Food Industry
The choice of models available ensures that the 306 / 386 Perfomance Series is suitable for use in:
- Corrosive atmospheres
- Resistant to chemical attack
Advantage of 306 / 386 Differential Pressure:
Better than 1% set-point repeatability
Users can expect a set-point repeatability performance better than 1% on all configurations with some configurations being significantly better
Extensive range of options
The Performance Series switches are available with an extensive range of materials, process connections, switch types, electrical entries, etc and offer customers many millions of different possible configurations.
More than 35 years experience in the field
Installed in a wide range of applications from nuclear power plants to offshore oil rigs, the Performance Series’ long experience in the field offers customers the reassurance that they can be relied upon to survive the test of time in the harshest environments.
All Performance Series models come with a safety vent to prevent the enclosure becoming pressurized in the event that the sensor is inadvertently damaged by excessive pressure
- Set point repeatability ± 1% of span at 20°C / 68°F ambient.
- Scale accuracy ±3% of full scale
Storage Temperature: -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F
- -25 to +60°C / -13 to +140°F
- Special build is also available for temperature down to -60°C (-76°F)
Maximum Process Temperature: Subject to appropriate installation practice, the component parts will withstand up to +60°C (+140°F). For higher temperatures, refer to models 301 and S31
Enclosure classification: IP66 / NEMA 4X / Flameproof Ex d
- SPDT or DPDT snap action microswitch (standard)
- Hermetically sealed (optional)
Process Connection: Rc 1/4 (BSP)
Approximate weight: 1.7kg / 3.7lb to 3.74kg / 8.1lb depending on model
Download Data Sheet: 386 Differential Pressure