In 1945, Walter Pepperl and Ludwig Fuchs founded a small radio workshop in Mannheim, Germany, based on the principles of inventiveness, entrepreneurial foresight, and self-reliance. The experience they acquired was transformed into new ideas, and they continued to enjoy developing products for customers. The eventual result was the invention of the proximity switch. This innovation represented the starting point of the company’s success story.
Today, Pepperl+Fuchs is known by customers around the world as a pioneer and an innovator in electrical explosion protection and sensor technology. Our main focus is always on your individual requirements: With a passion for automation and groundbreaking technology, we are committed to working in partnership with you now and in the future. We understand the demands of your markets, developing specific solutions, and integrating them into your processes.
In through-beam photoelectric sensing, also known as opposed mode, the transmitter and emitter are in separate housings. Light emitted from the transmitter is aimed directly at the receiver. When an object breaks the beam of light between the emitter and receiver, the receiver’s output changes state.
Through-beam sensing is the most efficient sensing mode which results in the longest sensing ranges and highest excess gain. This high gain enables through-beam sensors to be reliably used in foggy, dusty and dirty environments.
- Monitoring of production and packing lines
- Product fill measurements through transparent containers
- Protecting dangerous areas for automatic doors
- BB10-P-F1/25/33/35/103/115-7m Thru-beam sensor
- GD18/GV18/73/120 Thru-beam sensor
- LA28/LK28-FC-Z/31/116 Fire protection thru-beam sensor
- LA29/LK29-Z-F1/31/116-SET Thru-beam sensor
- LA31/LK31/25/31/115 SET Thru-beam sensor
- LA39/LK39/31/40a/116 Thru-beam sensor
- M100/MV100-RT/35/76a/95/103 Thru-beam sensor
- M100/MV100-RT/76a/95/103 Thru-beam sensor
- ML29-2P/25/103/143 Thru-beam sensor
- OBE10M-18GM60-SE5-V1 Thru-beam sensor